What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VaporTek Optimum 4000

G

I've read a little here and there about VaporTek Optimum 4000. Some people say it's the best device for odor control. How does it work? Does it fill the air with some smell? How big garden can you cover with one of these?

Here are some links I found in Rez's forum:
http://vaportek.com
http://www.growhere.com/airpurification/optimum4000.htm

I don't see any electric cords in the pictures. Does it need electricity? If so does it work with European electric sockets or do they have a different model for Europe?

G

Hi Sala,

I'm at the moment doing exntensive research into the Vaportek unit, and after a few exchanges of pms with Rez, I've decided that its a must have. It is electrical, and it works with a cartridge filled with a blend of natural essential oils and stuff which neutralizes the odor. The 4000 covers all of 2000 sq. ft. (or 300 cubic meters) which is a LARGE space. In smaller grow ops I believe its the only thing you need for odor control :wink:

The problem is the European distribution,at least as far as Italy goes. The distributor here sells the 4000 unit for over €460,00 which is highway robbery. You have to write to the Vaportek people (the info email) and ask them to point you to a distributor in your city. They'll forward your email and the distributor will contact you directly.

Personally, I'm now looking into purchasing the unit from a US or Canadian based webstore and using a current adaptor. I've written to Vaportek asking for the tech specs and to confirm that the unit can be used with a converter. I'm waiting for an answer on that. IMO it saves a lot of money. You can buy the unit also from the Sensi Seed shop online, but it costs €289,00 or around there, much more than the US$150 - 170 retail I see people in the States paying for it. The models you'll find in Europe are 220V, made for European electrical standards. Hope this has been of help!

G

I got one for my last grow to replace the ozone and it worked great. A setting of 4 was plenty to cover my 2000w grow (with some pretty smelly strains). It produces a smell that covers up everything very well. The only drawback is the price of replacing cartridges, but in my opinion it's worth the cost.

:yes: :yes: Two thumbs up!

Sleepy

Veteran
hi. here's a UK supplier.
should have the correct cordage.
Ponics website

190.00 GBP = 280.652 EUR<<todays exchange.

you want to mount it as high up in the grow as possible.

G

Still way too much Sleepy. Can be had for cheaper through the US/Canada channels, provided the current converter works with it. If I come across some good links I'll post them. :smile:

Sleepy

Veteran
xxbluevelvetxx said:
Still way too much Sleepy. Can be had for cheaper through the US/Canada channels, provided the current converter works with it. If I come across some good links I'll post them. :smile:

uh yeah, jeez...i should have converted it this way, too:
190.00 GBP = 359.460 USD :eek:

ouch!

thanks blue.

zor

So this unit works kind of like nil odor in that it 'masks' smell?

GrowerInShorts, do you put thatthing inside your flower room?

G

Smokey the Puffmaster - swares by the Opt 4000 as well

:biglaugh: That puddy is Zonked on cat-nip

G

zor, the beauty of the Vaportek is that it doesn't mask odors, it neutralizes them with an odor neutralizing agent, and leaves the air lightly perfumed, if you use it with a scented cartridge. Its an investment because the replacement cartridges are not cheap by any means, but then again, what price tag do you put on peace of mind? :wink: IMHO priceless!

AlexanderS

you guys know that they sell it directly? just not from the website, call em, its like $170 to purchase it direct...

--Alex

G

Oh,we use them in-room,if necessary....they don't have any ill effect on buds,at all.
It's a dry vapor,unlike,say,(GAG!) Ozium,which is toxic to plants.
I have a few units,and usually run one....or two,at the most....
The replacement carts are about $65 each and run about 80 days on '2',which is where it's usually set,with our not-small op....
In Europe,I'd definately order via credit card from a Canadian company,ith the exchange rate you'd buy units at almost give-away prices.
(Hint: In Europe,order a year's worth of carts,(say,5) it potentially saves hassles later-)

VTek's kick ass,I have several carbon-scrubbers sitting,ROTTING,unused....
No sounds of turbines in my grows,just a nice silent lil' machine,making everything smell
like a hospital.

G

Thanks for the info everybody. VaporTek sounds great. I wonder why there isn't much info around. I did a search on OG and got 2 hits :eek:

blue: Please enlighten us about the converter when you get an answer from the VaportTek people.

Latest posts

Latest posts