What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple with yield?

Hello all. I'm looking for some purple that can pack some weight on. I've grown some (what I believe to be) purple kush and the quality was excellent but the yield wasn't much. So I want to grow a strain that has a little more weight but with the same quality. If there is such a plant. Im currently growing some grape ape and kinda switched to flowering a little sooner than I should have. There wasn't much stretch at all and the plants are only about 1 and half feet tall. Usually I like to have them be at least 3 feet tall.But I guess size doesn't matter as long as the quality and weight are there.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=56870

http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=1024&pictureid=56871

These are some photos of the past purple strains at about 7 or 8 weeks. Any feedback is more than welcomed. Thank you.
PS- I have access to clones in the bay area and northern cali and can also order seeds.

still2big

Why does it have to be purple?

Yet another pissed off person that cant get good purple!! :laughing:

Some people grow grapes, some grow oranges, some grow apples. Hell some grow tomatoes, have you seen how many kinds of tomatoes there are???

He wants to grow a purple pot plant with a good yeild. What you posted is like coming in and asking someone that wants to grow a pure indica why he wants pure indica...THATS WHAT THE MOTHER FCKER WANTS!!! :yeahthats

and "Show me your friends, and I will show you what your like"...the last "your" should be you're as in you are, not as in "your car.."...guess your friends cant spell...haha...just kidding bro!

krk

Some people grow grapes, some grow oranges, some grow apples. Hell some grow tomatoes, have you seen how many kinds of tomatoes there are???

He wants to grow a purple pot plant with a good yeild. What you posted is like coming in and asking someone that wants to grow a pure indica why he wants pure indica...THATS WHAT THE MOTHER FCKER WANTS!!! :yeahthats

The reason I asked was that purple has been crossed with many strains and yield and quality are there but a reason for why he wants the purple could be usefull...he can have all the purple he wants...not jumpin on his cloud..:joint:

krk

I have grown purple #1 from Dutch passion...Looked good yielded just over a 1/4 lbs outside. But the high was week and it had a strange smoke flavor of soap..imo

Why does it have to be purple?

This actually isn't my pick. I am caregiver and the person I grow for said that they perfer purple for some reason or another. I agree that you can get equal or better green dank but again it's not my pick. Although thanks for the input. I am just looking because I get so much more yield off my white widow, rhino wreck, and other green plants. Maybe I am just missing something here....hmmmmm.

and "Show me your friends, and I will show you what your like"...the last "your" should be you're as in you are, not as in "your car.."...guess your friends cant spell...haha...just kidding bro!

Hey still2big. thanks for having my back on that one. It is true that everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Some people can have the same pot and have two different opinions on it. Thanks for stoppin by.

norcalkell

I'm trying out a purp X a deisel.. I'll post some pics sat..I hope it's a better yield than pk..Although, I LOVE PK!!

blackberry is a good yeilder

Thanks for the reply Skyburn. Do you know what company makes it? I searched for it and a couple companies came up including: nirvana and vancouver island seed. Both of them look real nice and fat though but I am curious about your experiences. Nirvana said it was an outdoor plant but if you have grown it do you think it could work indoors?

I have grown purple #1 from Dutch passion...Looked good yielded just over a 1/4 lbs outside. But the high was week and it had a strange smoke flavor of soap..imo

Just checked them out. Those are dark dark almost black, at least the photo I saw. Too bad about the high and the taste. When I smoke purple that is one of the things I love about it...at least most purple. I wonder how it would do indoors.

A

alpinestar

there are a lot of purple skunk based varieties available for cheap

I think nirvana might have some

I'm trying out a purp X a deisel.. I'll post some pics sat..I hope it's a better yield than pk..Although, I LOVE PK!!
I would love to see em man. Ya if what I have is pk (which Im pretty sure it is just by friends and information read) then I love it too. I feel like a million bucks when I got that high.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't grown this out yet, but have a strain called Magic Merlin by Outlaw Grower (Outlaw Genetics). I can't say where you might be able to get this, I assume his seeds are still offered from time to time on Sbay...so keep an eye out.

The genetics are Kens Grandaddy Purple x Double Purple Doja F2. The male that was used in the cross is a resin producing / purple balled beauty...so they should be great purple plants.

All I know, is via the description given by the breeder. Says it is supposed to be connoisseur quality and cash cropper yield. Also describes the bud as being an up, giggly, laugh till your eyes water type of high.

Not sure if this is what your patient is looking for, however I thought it might be of interest to you, and if it is for a medical patient, I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least throw it out there.

dank.Frank

Ok, I'll go take some now .. Although, the light are on and it will distort the true color.

Hey thanks norcalkell. Do you usually take photos in the dark? There is a setting on mine where it will make everything green again even when the hps is on. Also I just looked at the weather and it is going to be in the 90's here in the central valley which is a creeper from the current 70's. Just so you know incase you need to put in any ac's or anything like I just did.

I haven't grown this out yet, but have a strain called Magic Merlin by Outlaw Grower (Outlaw Genetics). I can't say where you might be able to get this, I assume his seeds are still offered from time to time on Sbay...so keep an eye out.

The genetics are Kens Grandaddy Purple x Double Purple Doja F2. The male that was used in the cross is a resin producing / purple balled beauty...so they should be great purple plants.

All I know, is via the description given by the breeder. Says it is supposed to be connoisseur quality and cash cropper yield. Also describes the bud as being an up, giggly, laugh till your eyes water type of high.

Not sure if this is what your patient is looking for, however I thought it might be of interest to you, and if it is for a medical patient, I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least throw it out there.

dank.Frank

You know I was just searching around earlier and heard someone mention outlaw gentics so I checked out there website. They for sure have some beautiful buds but I haven't seen or heard of anyone growing them yet. When are you thinking about poppin your seeds? Thanks for the heads up.

norcalkell

1st photo was taken 2.5 wks of veg.. the 2nd and 3rd taken today at 1 wk of flower.

Hey thanks norcalkell. Do you usually take photos in the dark? There is a setting on mine where it will make everything green again even when the hps is on. Also I just looked at the weather and it is going to be in the 90's here in the central valley which is a creeper from the current 70's. Just so you know incase you need to put in any ac's or anything like I just did.

norcalkell

I was TOLD I'll be HAPPY.. Ya never know... I took a few clones just in case she turns out to be the BOMB!!

It will be in hte 80's here too. Thanks for the heads up.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know I was just searching around earlier and heard someone mention outlaw gentics so I checked out there website. They for sure have some beautiful buds but I haven't seen or heard of anyone growing them yet. When are you thinking about poppin your seeds? Thanks for the heads up.

I have seen grows of some of his gear, and there are those that stand behind it 100%. Nothing but dank is what I understand....and a higher keeper ratio to boot. Meaning it is hard to let ANY female go, simply because they all have quality traits. I have seen many people via forums that have had nothing but good things to say...thus the reason I went ahead and acquired.

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts