What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Homebox L Organic 650wHPS Grow

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friends!

I'm back with some photos of my 2009 winter grow.

Started: 12 Nov 2008
Ended: 12 Mar 2009

Veg: 55 days
Flowering: 65 days

Strains:

- 1 Sandstorm (Cannabiogen);
- 1 Jorge's Diamonds #1 (Dutch Passion);
- 2 Sweet Afgani Delicious (Sweet Seeds);
- 1 Black Jack (Sweet Seeds);
- 1 Blueberry (Dutch Passion)

All feminized. Only the Blueberry shown some male flowers in early flowering, so I sent her to the balcony after 15 days of flowering. When I finished harvesting the other plants I brought Blueberry back into the Homebox for a final 2 weeks under the HPS before the final cut.

Light:

- 1 fluor 18w 'til day 20;
- 1 HPS100w from day 20 'til day 35;
- 1 HPS400w from day 35 'til day 60 (15th day of 12\12);
- 1 HPS400w + 1 HPS250w from day 60 'til harvest (day 120).

Air:

1 RVK 100A1;
1 Sunon fan.

Soil:

Biobizz Allmix > Sandtorm, Blueberry, Black Jack and Jorge's Diamonds #1
Plagron Royalty Mix > Sweet Afgani Delicious 1 and 2.

*I've also used worm castings and bat guano and added some extra perlite to mix.

Ferts (once a week):

1 ml Biobizz Biogrow per litre of water 'til day 35 into flowering;
3 ml Plagron Algabloom since first day of 12\12 'til day 50 into flowering;
3 ml BioBizz Topmax since first day of 12\12 'til day 50 into flowering;
1 dose of 15ml per litre of water of liquid batguano at day 42 into flowering.

Sandstorm:

Sweet Afgani Delicious (1):

BlackJack:

Sweet Afgani Delicious (2):

Jorge's Diamonds #1:

Blueberry:

Jars opened 20 minutes everyday for 20 days.

To use with the Bubblebags:

If you have any questions feel free to ask...

-p_

G

guest101

Nice grow mate!!
Nice colors and like the Jorge's Diamonds look! :D
Spring smoke party... Keep it up!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks, I really got high quality weed out of those 6 plants. Jorge's Diamonds is sweet and with good production but my favourite so far is Sweet Afgani Delicious, any of the 2 I had. Well, I haven't tried the Blueberry yet :)

Gotta have a look at your Wonderbox soon ;)

Big hug and good smokes, hehe.

-p_

Very, very nice. Nice varied selection.

I am trying to figure out what is going on with the light/reflector in that first pic?

G

guest101

So, whats up with that SAD? Is it a balanced high, or more of a stoney feeling?
Looks good do, with a lot of rippening.
Good luck with the unknown blueberry... seems too leafy, but one can allways have a nice surprise!! :D
Making any round soon? :wave:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again friends! Thanks...

BorkBorkBork > It happens that I used 2 HPS, a 400w and a 250w, with 2 reflectors. Total = 650w. I'm not sure if this was your doubt, so please tell me if you still don't understand my lighting system.

_frankenstein_ > Yeah... the Sweet Afgani Delicious are very nice, they are my favourite so far. They are realy very sweet, like anise (anis) drops. I identify the high as balanced but with a stoney feeling coming after the first 30 minutes. Well, I popped 2 seeds and got 2 different phenos, one more Indica and one more Sativa. The Sativa pheno is sweeter and with a more balanced high. The Indica pheno features the same smell\taste but not so intense. If I have to chose one of them before going to bed I would chose the more Indica pheno and if I have to chose one before going out for a walk I would chose the more Sativa pheno, as it would be expected.

When it comes to production, a friend borrowed me a scale, so I have the values (in grams):

Sweet Afgani Delicious (2 - more Indica) > 47
Sweet Afgani Delicious (1 - more Sativa) > 64
Sandstorm > 50
Black Jack > 54
Jorge's Diamonds #1 > 64
Blueberry > 56

...now I'm trying the Sandstorm :joint:

If I'm making any round? hehehe... if you're gonna spend some days here in the south this summer, let me know and you'll see the round I'll make for you, hehehehe.

...now seriously... yes, I got rid of the Homebox L and I'm about to start with the Homebox XS. I'll have 4 18 litre pots that fit like a glove in the XS and I may be using the 250wHPS. If I can keep the temps under 26º with the 250wHPS I'll give the 400wHPS a try. I'm using 2 SADs, 1 Sandstorm and 1 BlackJack. Then I'll stop till Oktober\November.

Stay cool!

-p_

G

guest101

Allways cool to have more than 0.5g/W and they all seem to have packed nicely.
My favourite nycd pheno had a good % of afgani genes and sure was nice to feel and to taste!! :D
Good luck with the XS... are u gonna lst the 4 plants?
Hopefully ill try some of your honey this year!! ;) Save those extractions!!! :D hehe
Best wishes! :wave:

Hi again friends! Thanks...

BorkBorkBork > It happens that I used 2 HPS, a 400w and a 250w, with 2 reflectors. Total = 650w. I'm not sure if this was your doubt, so please tell me if you still don't understand my lighting system.

Yes, it makes perfect sense now. When I saw the picture, I couldn't quite figure out what was going on.

Very, very impressive results, kudos!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
;)

Yes _frankenstein_, I'll have to LST them for sure, I only have 120cm... and using big pots makes it even harder. I was thinking about a SCROG but I don't have enough time to veg them enough to justify a SCROG, so this first time with the Homebox XS will be with clones and LST.

My jars won't get empty before christmas so you have "half a dozen" months to visit me ;) hehehe...

Big hug to all you guys. and good smokes.... :)

-p_

phazed420

Great grow. The only thing I must ask is this:

Do you think that leaving on the bigger water leaves and letting them take away nutes that could be going to the buds only is a smart decision? I personally take off almost all of the major water leaves once far enough into flowering. Of course I feed them when I do this so they bounce back rapidly. Just a thought tell me what you think.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks! :noway: The pleasure is mine :joint:

phazed420 > The reason I decided to leave the bigger leaves goes a bit far from the matter of maximizing production. I believe the plants use those leaves, they have them for a reason. But most important than this, I believe the plants suffer by not having those leaves. I'll be smoking those plants for many months, they'll be my smoke for the whole summer and, each time I light a joint, I'll know it came from healthy plants grown by me and I'll know that the plants were treated with love, respect and with the best quality of life posible. For me, in the moment I'll be smoking them, this is very important, it contributes for the quality of the high. I may be wrong, I know, maybe they would even like to get rid of those leaves somewhere in the middle of the flowering time, but hey, rather have my conscience clean, eheheh. Don't trade it for 5% more production. Maybe I would trade it for more quality or taste, but I really doubt that cutting the big leaves will provide better taste or quality.

What I sometimes do, phazed420, is what I call "leaf training". I hide big leaves behind the flowers, by blocking them behind the branches. This helps the light to get to more flowers.

I also do not believe that the leaves take away nutes that could be going to the buds, has you said. I think the leaves carry nutes that are slowly delivered to the buds when they need it. I try to have plants with yellow leaves before harvest, as a sign that they are properly mature. So, of course having big wide leaves with a strong green colour near harvest is not good, so I force the plants to take the nutes out of the leaves and drive them to the flowers 3 or 4 weeks before harvest. I do this by cutting the dosage of the liquid fertilizers.

Kelly > I've used 18 litre pots. In gallons it would mean almost 5 gallons. Using this size of pots is only justified when you veg for a long time. My plants vegged for 55 days.

Thanks again mates! Big hug and good smokes ;)

-p_

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks man, I'm still smoking them. I still have half the jars full.

They're all very good. My favourites are Jorge's Diamonds #1 and Sweet Afgani Delicious.

Sandstorm I would do again but only in outdoor. She is very resistent with strong stems, vigorous growth and dark green leaves that never fall down. She doesn't need much water, so would be a very good choice for guerilla grows.

-p_

:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts