What's new

Afghan Kush Ryder not flowering yet

grimcreeper

By the way, this was a very quick growing plant. Two others did not survive (I assume I over watered them). I have some Safari Mix and some random bag seeds that were started around the same time that are way behind this plant in development.

ReToCs

just relax, have some patience... when the tie is there, you'll see it.... just hope it's female, they usually take longer to show sex....

good luck, keep her alife...

grimcreeper

I'll be more patient and wait. It's such a vigorous plant and my first experience with the autoflowering varieties and everything else in my grow will take until Sept-Nov so I'm just jonesing to see the buds.

It's feminized seed btw.

*mr.mike*

It doesn't matter if the seed was feminized, unless it wasn't a stable af strain.

If it doesn't begin flowering by the first day of the fourth week, you probably are holding bunk AFs

Some will auto around one month, but these aren't the ones that are true, or desired.

grimcreeper

Mr. Mike, that's what I've been afraid of. It started stinking really bad this week, and I hope it starts budding soon. It's a really skunky, medicine type aroma. No sweet, fruitiness to it like my previous Skunk No. 1's. If it's not a true autoflower, I've still got a vigorous, bad ass looking plant, so that eases my worry a little.

I havn't seen any other reviews from the newer World of Seeds autoflowers (they also have something called Pakistan Ryder) but I decided to grow it because it was a little cheaper and I wanted to dip my toes in the autoflower game.

I assumed they'd pirated some of the Ryder genetics because of the name, but we'll see in another couple of weeks. Who knows what genetic makeup this thing has. They misspelled Ruderalis on the pack, but I assumed it was because of translation from Dutch. The whole pack reads like it was put through Babelfish to translate to English. BTW, they came from the attitude.

It really is an effing vigorous growing, beautiful indica however. It looks like many of the other autoflower pics, so we'll just have to wait and see.

growdirt

WOS AFGAN KUSH RYDER

WOS AFGAN KUSH RYDER

btw thats how they spelled it on the pretty package.
I have the same thing man also from attitude. started march 17th and I can barely see any sex, maybe another week or so.they are supposed to be females anyway,that's what the package said.also mine are growing like hell,they look healthier than any other indica I've had,but what the hell.
I'm happy I found another person who shares my problems,well not reall happy but u know...i'll let u know when i see sex

grimcreeper

They are beautiful, fast growing plants aren't they! I've read good reports on their regular Afghan Kush, so this isn't going to be a total bust if it doesn't auto. I have a nagging feeling it won't.

I agree on the cool packaging. Too bad it might be false autos. Might be some F2's of the crosses and some of the phenos are non-auto flowering.

Still no sex on mine either. I added some bone meal into the compost tea I've been watering with and hope the extra phosphorus might give it some oomph to bud.

I'll just wait and watch. Will report back if I see any indication of sex.

growdirt

thank god, pistals at last

thank god, pistals at last

wellllllllllllllllllll, yesterday i found the first clear visible to the eye pistals,so good new friend,now u can relax somewhat.

D

Diamonddss

1 is 11 inches and the other is 13 inches,both showed on monday 4-20-09

a great day indeed 4-20 to start flowering
I have some of these seeds and when i ready to run 20/4 instead of 12/12 on hps ill germinate.

M

mklod

I got some hindu kush afs from attitude. They should be here in less than a week. In about a month I'll have something to compare.

And yeah, can we get some pics now that it has shown sex?

grimcreeper

growdirt, that is good news. I read somewhere that some strains take up to two months to begin flowering. The strain I read about specifically is Poison Dwarf from G13 Labs.

Not bad news at all. The increased veg time leads to a bigger plant, more nodes and bigger BUDS!

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
growdirt, that is good news. I read somewhere that some strains take up to two months to begin flowering. The strain I read about specifically is Poison Dwarf from G13 Labs.

Not bad news at all. The increased veg time leads to a bigger plant, more nodes and bigger BUDS!

might be a good traight to cross into current autos to extend there veg period cause as you said that is going to lead to more nodes which means more bud sites :D

grimcreeper

do you guys think it would be possible to clone it while it is still vegging, or would this probably not be a good idea.

grimcreeper

I've been checking the thing like a hound to see any signs... this afternoon, 4/29, on the sixth node I found a female preflower. So I guess no to cloning the thing.

Latest posts

Latest posts