What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Great Rocky Mountain National Park Back Packing Pics.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is some more pics, not mine though

here is some more pics, not mine though

I stole these off the webb

here is garden of the gods

here is the telluride area

P

Paco

Great pic's there HZ and some really nice camera work!!!!
It would have been a little cold to get wet at 10,000 ft,,,LOL
Good job :joint:

Later
I N Hail

Who knows Zep, it could be a Southern thing. Which doesn't make sense to the rest of us any way.
I highly suggest hiking the sangre de cristos. Penetente canyon is absolutly wicked. esp if you climb.

P

Paco

Oh Zep! No you didn't!
Texas!
here is another tip...
Don't tell ANYONE in CO you are a Texan. I am a multigenerational coloradan, we are raised with some sort of Xenophobic thing> especially towards Texans!
LOL
Just ribbin ya Zep.

MtnKuSh

Oh Zep! No you didn't!
Texas!
here is another tip...
Don't tell ANYONE in CO you are a Texan. I am a multigenerational coloradan, we are raised with some sort of Xenophobic thing> especially towards Texans!
LOL
Just ribbin ya Zep.
ya and peeps from cali :dueling::nanana:
:yeahthats

I

idoreallytry

spent a couple weeks in yellowstone and drove thru all the northwest and colorado,,,spectacular views the whole way,,,peace

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the coolest places in colorado is the royal gorge. Black canyon of the gunnison is really cool too.

B

Blue Dot

What's up zepp, nice pics.

I did the colo stint for 7 years. Lived in Denver but visited the four corners up to WY to gunnison to winter park/a-basin/keystone/breck/vail (lol) /copper/loveland to Pikes Peak to Cripple Creek to Grand Junction to Durango to Colo Springs to Pueblo, etc.

I'm 30 years cali now but I guess that's still not as bad as a Texan. :)

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
nothing beats ESTES PARK in the fall, all the elk take over the town and their bugeling is just awesome...mt wife and were born oct. 3rd and 6th so we would always rent a cabin along the big thompson for the weekend..the aspen would be all golden...my sister has large rancg with lodge and private lake in pagosa...i sometimes miss colorado..lived in golden for many years..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will most likely be back in colorado this fall, probably will move to denver. boulder, the springs or durango.

I will hit you up before I go kelly. Me and my brother will probably travel out there, if I can get the cash together. We can all toke it up, I'll bring some hash

spyvsspy

I will most likely be back in colorado this fall, probably will move to denver. boulder, the springs or durango.

I have lived in Denver, Boulder and Durango, and I might as well have lived in the Springs. I RECOMMEND Durango if you're looking for a small town atmosphere, although it is pretty isolated and can tend to feel a little small sometimes, but hey, thats what I was going for!! :wave: Durango has some great breweries also, Ska, Carver, Steamworks, all make delicious brews. I recommend the Pin Stripe Red Ale from Ska- of the DIFF if it is in season, it is a seasonal for the "Durango International Film Festival"- biggest thing to hit Durango since sliced bread.

Other than that, Boulder and Denver are both great if you're looking for a slightly larger city with ready access to an airport should you need it for any reason....

I'm not a huge fan of the Springs itself.... a little too conservative for my tastes, with the Air Force Academy, lots of military folk running around. However some of the "cities" just to the west of the Springs, Florissant, Woodland Park, Green Mountain Falls, Cripple Creek, Salida, etc are bea:smile:utiful.
Good luck with whatever you choose....... *cough* ........Durango

HOWEVER, if you're looking to find yourself a lady Durango may not be the place for you......... Lookers are few and far between, and hunted by the many males in the city, reminded me of a television dating show down at the bars. The other 97% of the women in that town are affectionately known as "Durangotans,"........ good thing the beer is good:D

spyvsspy

Durangotans................Durangotans...........no??? nobody?? Like Durango+Orangutans......no?
Just kidding, but I still laugh about that name to this day.
Ahhhhh, chuckles. Time to spark up some a taster bowl of my BB Blue Cheese and open a tall, cool Sunshine Wheat and wish I was kayaking in Colorado right now instead of....... well, this isn't too bad :D
-spy:joint: