What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An enjoyable ganja vacation in St. Lucia

etncrew

As a public service announcement to the IC community I would love to enlighten everyone about the beautiful island of St. Lucia. I recently travelled to St. Lucia, an eastern caribean island for a friends wedding with mrs. etncrew.

Due to being with a wedding party (group of 40 people went), we ended up staying at an all inclusive resort called the Almond Morgan Bay, located in Choc Islet. Despite being at an all inclusive resort we managed to enjoy a bit more local island flavour.

Our first day there following a gift shop sign pointing down a beach path, we happened upon a cool local rasta. He owned the store and seemed to be a very laid back fellow. Since we were with some non smokers I didn't inquire as to where to find ganja, but my keen eye noticed a few things, one specifically some discarded black plastic bag style planters that I've used myself, that would indicate that my new rasta friend knew where to find some choice ganja.

Later that evening before supper, we walked down to the gift shop and its secluded beach again to take some pictures. We saw two white guys there fishing so we decided to strike up a conversation. Turns out they were from England, and were fishing for sting rays. The rastaman from the gift shop had taken them tuna fishing in his small boat earlier and they had caught several tuna fish that the rasta, named Smart, was cooking on an open fire. At that moment i smelled the sweet ganja being smoked behind me so i turned around and mentioned that it smelled very nice. Smart asked me why i hadn't tried any island skunk yet, and I told him i just hadn't been offered. Smart then said something to his other rasta friend in Patois, and a couple minutes later his friend came back with a king sized spliff for me to smoke. Smart tells me its organic shit, and I can immediately tell as the smoke hits my lungs. A few more tokes I fell my legs going to jelly, now I'm barely able to stand. Smart offers me a local Piton beer which I gladly accept to quench my thirst.

Now the Tuna is cooked and smart offers both me and mrs. etncrew. I politely decline, not wanting to impose myself, but he says that i must try some, so he hands me a tin foil packet of the best tuna i've ever eaten in my entire life.

more to come later...i'm off to bed. I'll share some pics as well. hope all enjoyed the start

Rastatrue

Hey Now, Thanks for the tip, I knew St. Lucia was a good place, just never heard a first hand account. Ah, what man will do for fresh Tuna! Thanks.
One love!

etncrew

wow quick replies. i haven't even told you about the marathon spliff smoking fest driving around with my man smart seeing the sights of the island.

at one point smart asked a rasta picking mangos and traded some fresh mangoes for herb. ....and eating at a local rasta ital restaraunt...another amazing local meal...don't want to spoil the suprises of the story though!
i'll post a few pics even tomorrow. work is coming too soon though.

seriously that fresh tuna was AMAZING.

Jahbless!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Awesome travel experience..>!!! Good on ya...!! Spread around the Karma...!!

reefersmoke

You've defined why I like travel so much. I'm going to follow this thread so I can see the photos. Great story....

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Oh yeah....that sounds like the Caribbean to me. I've been to 2 islands in the southwest caribbean, but St. Lucia is the next one on the list. I want to show PoopyTeaBags Jamaica eventually too.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
st lucia is a very nice place to stay , i ve been sailing there a few times....

for ganja vacation, st vincent is way better, the ganja is usually better quality and a lot cheaper... but definetly a place to be carefull with if you re a tourist, on the contrary of st lucia...

some rasta are very friendly like the one you met... i love the people from there, cool is the word to describe dem....

but i had some troubles with bad rasta(hopefully they are not the majority), trying to take money from ya all the time, even if i never look like i have money... just ignore those ones, those who wants to sell ya their fan leaves for a ridiculous price....

+++

FREEwoman

Sounds awesome. I think St. Lucia is next on my list.

My man and I went to Jamaica last year. We met some very nice rastas- one even showed us his outdoor garden at the top of a huge hill. Pretty good stuff too!

hey guys, i've been to st lucia twice now first time 3 weeks this time only a week. god i love that place i went from march 27th-april 3rd it was during easter and everything was shut down so i would suggest not going during any holidays except their carnival which is awesome. i was staying with friends family so i always had a local with me to show me around and get me herbs. it was kind of sketchy at first when i copped, the guy i was with "jay" was like "im gonna show you my hood" so we're in this run down rasta bar they have huge jugs each jug had different spices from around the island soaking in rum they had cinnamon, mint and of course one with weed in it :). made out well in there though i got about an oz for $20 u.s and out of respect i passed out buds to the rastas in the bar. they also had a fun time looking at all the pics in my phone of the bud we get here and all my glass. had an awesome time i could post pics if you guys want don't think in have any of the herb though.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys, i've been to st lucia twice now first time 3 weeks this time only a week. god i love that place i went from march 27th-april 3rd it was during easter and everything was shut down so i would suggest not going during any holidays except their carnival which is awesome. i was staying with friends family so i always had a local with me to show me around and get me herbs. it was kind of sketchy at first when i copped, the guy i was with "jay" was like "im gonna show you my hood" so we're in this run down rasta bar they have huge jugs each jug had different spices from around the island soaking in rum they had cinnamon, mint and of course one with weed in it :). made out well in there though i got about an oz for $20 u.s and out of respect i passed out buds to the rastas in the bar. they also had a fun time looking at all the pics in my phone of the bud we get here and all my glass. had an awesome time i could post pics if you guys want don't think in have any of the herb though.
agreed that st lucia is a beautiful island but i was dissapointed with the cannabis,,i stayed at sandals and although cannabis was plentiful, the standard i found was not very good and i wished i had brought by own...of course that would have been different if i got hooked up like the above posts also got fed up with peeps trying to sell me crack/rocks..loved the island though,,,s2