What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY tables.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Pretty simple idea i came up with. Just go buy/order some corrugated fiberglass sheets. Make sure they are the sturdy kind, mine are called super 600 panels got them for 18 bucks a sheet. When you cut these, you need to put down duct tape on your mark to prevent chipping. Also when you cut this stuff, be sure to put the blade on BACKWARDS! This really does work well. The rest is just 4x4 frames made out of 2x4's with wheels on them. The wheels have brakes on them so they dont move when in place. I put wood blocks underneath the back wheels on each one before i screwed them in so there is a slope. Water goes right into a plastic gutter with a e&f drain fitting on the capped end connected to a hose to run to the drain. Each 4x4 comes out to be under 40 bucks and that includes price of screws.

You may not be able to do ebb and flow on these, but you can recirculate if you wanted to. Just build a ebb and grow controller bucket like the ones cap makes. Ive got to think of a name for these....

P

PonicalChillin

nice work...

$270 for a nice 4x8 table
vs.
$18 for a nice table

--

and super convenient if you've got the ability to get big solid pieces of stuff to your grow area. Hallways and low ceilings on my steps landing (due to having a 3rd story) would make it almost impossible to get something like this into my room.

For top feed drippers this stuff should be a god send.
Did you get that stuff from a depot or lowes, or must it be ordered from a special place.

peace
pc

jocat

nice work smurfin', i have been thinkin about something like this, now i can smoke a bowl and follow your great instructions! thank you. jc

C

Cerb

Subscribed. Those fiberglass sheets are great. You can use them for anything.

I had thought of using this for my new flower box a while back. I won't be implementing the fiberglass for hydro, but just as a way to keep runoff where it needs to be--off my floor.

Great looking tables, especially for the price. Nothing beats a <$50 homemade item that usually retails for 4 or 5 times that.

Edit: It's also good to see another grower who bags his plants. I can't say enough good things about grow bags.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
im awaiting pontiacs approval...is it worthy...? Im gonna call it the "green table" design.

Ponical... I got that fiberglass sheeting from a local lumber yard. The stuff at home depot/lowes is WAYYYY to flimsy, but if you had enough studs inside your frame, it may possibly work if its all you have availiable.

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
K+

I have been trying to figure out something similar to this for a while now. I grow in 3 gallon bags and alway have runoff that goes everywhere. With the construction of the new spot looming I could definitely use this.

So, they come in 4x8 sheets. Like most everything else. Maybe I could reinforce the FG underneath with plywood and use it as a whole sheet?

Thanks a bunch for posting this Smurfin'herb. I was going to try pond liner but this would be cheaper. Now I have options to explore.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ive done tables with pondliner for ppl, but this is way better and cheaper. The sheets come in 8ft x 26 in. They give you a little extra on the width so that you can overlap the panels.
Its just a hastle to haul 4x8 plywood and then build it all, but it does work if you do it right.

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Ya mon. I remember now. They do come narrower than others. I have seen em before.

I still think they will work for my situation. I just need to catch runoff from my bags.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Well the idea is here for whomever to use. I really cant believe someone hasnt done this already but i guess theres a first time for everything! These things are workin out great!!

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Good eye bro. Sometimes things just slip right on by. We are used to looking up at those things, not down. So it never occurs.

P

Peat

Great idea w/ the fiberglass panels, smurfin'herb! :headbange
K++

I've done something similar, but on a smaller scale...with the flimsy Home Depot stuff. :rolleyes:
But it works great!
Sooo much better than liftin each pot from drain pans...repeat...repeat...
:crazy:

Water goes right into a plastic gutter with a e&f drain fitting on the capped end connected to a hose to run to the drain.
I'd like to know more about / see a pic of your gutter & drain...:chin:

:respect:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Just what i was looking for!!!
I was not wanting to spend $80 on a 3X3 table!!
Looked into under bed storage plastic bins but they are the wrong size...

This is perfect for my application!!
Buy the sheet, build a frame of the correct size and cut the sheet to fit!
Brilliant!!!

And to think i walked past that stuff so many times in Home De Pot and did not clue in!!