What's new

AK48 vs AK47..?

Big swede

This is my first post in this forum and I hope you all can understand my pretty poor english..:laughing:

As my topic say´s.. the question is AK47 or AK48?

So, how good is Nirvana's AK48, compared to the original Serios seeds AK47?
I ask, cause my plan is to grow a SOG with one of those strains. The SOG will hold about 20-25 plants and my first goal is to grow some seeds (AK47 or AK48?) and select a motherplant.

First I had decide to grow one pack (11seeds) of AK47, but later I turned my eyes to Nirvanas budget AK48 seeds. I can get 3 packs(30seeds) of AK48 for the same price as the singel pack AK47. So thats why I want some opinions from you, who have some experince with those strains.

Is the AK48 just a simple budget copy or not? It sure may be a form of copy but that thosent say that the AK48 is a crapweed, compared to the AK47. So how is the average statesment about AK48 when compared to Ak47? Does it got a similar effect to the AK47? Similar potency? Can I expect good yield with topnotch smoke from the Nirvana AK seeds? Or are they instable (tend turning hermo's)
My idea is that from 20-30 AK48 seeds I must find at least one good pheno that I can keep to take clones from. This fact has maked me more and more convinced to try the AK48. But at the end it´s all about the smoke. So that's why I hope anyone of you stoners can give me the answer that I´m looking for..!:1help:

Neuronaut

This has been discussed several times before. Search titles and you will find multiple threads. In my opinion you should spend the extra money and buy serious' ak, can't go wrong with them.

irieeyes808

Personally, being on a budget I would go for the AK48 OR GET 2 packs of AK48 and 1 pack of something else for the diversity.I went with Cannacopias strains because I was on a budget and am very happy and I saved money and have top notch gear. Best wishes.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've spoken with 2 other experienced growers who have found the keeper "cherry" pheno in a recently purchased pack of Nirvana AK48.

I know the threads out there indicate the ak48 isn't as impressive, but I think that is just the loser phenotypes, or perhaps Nirvana has changed the breeding in the past year or so.

My winner AK48 pheno looks and smokes identically to the classic AK47 winner pheno with an awesome caylx-to-leaf ratio, distinct cherry smell, and a crucial sativa leaning buzz. Prolly the best yielder I've run to date as well.

If money is an object whatsoever, I'd go ak48 for sure, and do it with a smile :D

MobbDeep

i have ak48 growing right now...great plants,nice and vigorous,and already smells during veg! i would DEF go with the ak48,since i hate how the breeders charge hundreds for 10 fuckin seeds..makes me sick to my stomach how they tax the fellow cannabis lovers...anyways,ive heard ONLY great things about ak48,especially the cherry pheno..for those whov grown it,what should i look for?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Serious are proper people, the AK47 is the result of a lot of effort and hard work, the AK48 is an F2 ripoff.

Why not buy the 47 and, when you have the space and time, run some F2 seeds you made yourself for free from the highest quality versions of AK47... and test them out against your original winner, hundreds if you want, for free.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for those whov grown it,what should i look for?

I had 3 phenos - an indica leaning one, a sativa leaning one, and the winner pheno.

In veg, the sativa leaning pheno looked more hybrid in growth, but had an explosive stretch once 12/12 was initiated and made more sativa style buds.

The winner pheno appeared more sativa during veg, the tallest of the bunch and leaves a bit thinner than any of the others. In flower though, it had a moderate stretch and developed very chunky colas very quickly.

The indica pheno looked that way in veg and flower, bushier with wider leaves than the others.

whitebox

in my opinion i would take the cheapest and select if you have time and space, sure to find a winner-keeper, sure...
it's not price or business here but just time and observation if the cheapest seeds come from the original genetics, then you can find "the" pheno.

just order female seeds AK48 as i have time and want to find something nice for a few bucks, i also order Eva papa's candy fem and female seeds NL , then 3 nice genetics for a few bucks more than a pack of expensives "brand-stamped" seeds.

Wait and see...

Good luck with your AK anyway.

.WB.

sashiva

it doesn't seem like this has been mentioned yet but AK48 is a lot more likely to have a purple pheno than AK47 so keep that in mind

oregon_guy

Swede,
I cannot speak for the real AK-47 as I have never tried it. I just finished a AK-48 and loved it. I think the White Rhino was just a tad bit better but the AK had a larger yeild. I only popped 2 of 10 seeds so I have only tried one pheno and I do not think it was the cherry pheno. Still it impressed me enough that I think I will try to pop the other 8 this next grow to see if I could find that special pheno.

Here was my 48 at day 53, 12/12. I chopped at day 56 I think, but I probably should have waited another day or two.

picture.php

I say go for the AK-48, much more easier on the wallet. Nirvana has had that strain for so long now that I really don't see it as stolen strain any longer. I am sure that they are quite different now.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Serious are proper people, the AK47 is the result of a lot of effort and hard work, the AK48 is an F2 ripoff.

Why not buy the 47 and, when you have the space and time, run some F2 seeds you made yourself for free from the highest quality versions of AK47... and test them out against your original winner, hundreds if you want, for free.

Agree 100% !! :joint:

mr noodles

nirvana ak 48 is not geneticaly related to ak-47 at all . its not an f2 , its a breed of ice and 2 other nirvana strains . so if you want to lie to yourself and pretend to smoke ak-47 with nirvana ...well...you can also pretend top have the ak cherry pheno ...and whatever people mind that have been contaminated by subjective assumption...maybe there a cherry pheno in nirvana stuff but it cant be compared to ak-47 .

ive grown original ak and nirvana too...nirvana ak is nice but the real ak will hit you way better

use the search engine and you will find the pedigree of the nirvana ak-48 .

the only way to smoke real ak-47 is to buy the original .

oregon_guy

I think if you have the $75-80 for a pack of the 47's go ahead and spend an extra $20 and get a pack of the 48's. Grow em out side by side and see which one you like best and go from there. Chaos makes a good point, and whichever you decide on you can make free f2's.

I can just never get myself to spend over $50-60 on beans. I have spent 60 something on a pack of seeds and only had 2 germ. Just my own opinions though.

Mwood1011

ahhh, the on going argument on every weed forum

ak-47 vs ak-48

i've heard it isnt related, i've heard it is... idk
i'd like to hear more info

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I say go for the AK-48, much more easier on the wallet. Nirvana has had that strain for so long now that I really don't see it as stolen strain any longer. I am sure that they are quite different now.

Greenhouse has had the white widow/white rhino and others for a long time...it does not mean a thing. Like stated before...spend the extra dollars on the Serious Seeds ak. Just like with soil,you spend $5 on a bag of soil you will probably get wack soil that cause more harm then good. But if you spend that extra money on some good soil,chances are you will come out on top. Serious Seeds ak-47 is the shit,it is the result of hard work and years of crossing to get the stable ak as we know it today. I cannot speak on nirvana but I can speak on Serious,their service is top notch and product ALWAYS 100% viable!....................nuff said!

whodi

Veteran
I heard the new ak47 is more indica now.. how much more; and are the yields heavier now?

P

PrimoVG

Ihaven't tried the AK47, bu I dont get why people keep saying AK48 is an Ak47 rip-off...?

AK48 is nirvana's Ice x Jock Horror...hence the sativa leaning phenos.

AK47 is SS's columbian x thai x afghani...am I wrong?

anyway, I'm flowering two AK48 girls, and I believe one of them is a cherry pheno...she smells of cherry and sandalwood when I rub her stem...

Imo, AK47 & 48, are two very different plants.