What's new

LST/FIM-Blue Mystic, J Horror & Thaitanic

oregon_guy

Hello fellow ICers,
Well this is a first time grow for me using the FIM and or LST methods. The one thing that I noticed right off is that it seemed to delay the flowering cycle somewhat. I also am going to give the pollen chuck a try this time around.

First the basics:

Nirvana-Blue Mystic
Nirvana-Jock Horror
TFD-Thai-tanic
2 gal pots and grow bags
Commercial soilless mix
Fox Farm nutes-GB, BB & TB
8 26 watt Blue CFL for veg
400 watt HPS for bloom
39" X 39" X 72" grow tent
Cool Tube W 6" exhaust (Half stacked at the moment)
6" intake fan
picture.php

That photo was taken about 10 days into flower. The room I have the tent in, I can adjust the temp to keep the flowering temp between 72-80 degrees. When the warmer weather gets here, I will be adding another inline fan just for the cool tube.

Here is the Blue Mystic at 39 days 12/12:
picture.php

picture.php

Here is the Thaitanic at 39 days flower. This is the one that I choose to be the mother for the Jock Horror pollen. I am now a little worried that it is a little too far along for me to dust the pollen with. But then again I believe this is going to be a 70+ day flower cycle and from what I have read thus far it takes about 40 days for the seeds to mature? What do you think?

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the Jock Horror male at day 17 12/12 that I will be using as the father. I should have put it into 12/12 sooner than I did. It has just began to start showing the pollen sacs this last 3 or 4 days. I have a make shift box with a warm cfl light to complete the pollen collection in. I will probably be moving the male to this box in the next couple of days.

picture.php

I have another Thaitanic female at day 17 of 12/12 that I can use for a back up mother.

All comments and or suggestions are welcome.

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I'm interested to see how the Blue Mystic turns out for you O-G... I bought a pack of those a year and a half ago, and for some reason I keep on putting them off and growing others instead. I have this thing where I feel that If I like a strain I have to incross them, and make more seeds, and cross them to my other keepers as well LOL. That turns into growing some of those and that turns into a year and a half, and well there ya go:joint:

As for the thai... She looks nice, and prime for pollination.. You still have some time with her yet. I've pollinated plants which looked later then her, and got lots of ripe seed by harvest. What exactly is a "Shift box"? I'm assuming it's where you keep the males? How are you going about setting them up and collecting the pollen?

S

Seismic

Best of luck on the blue mystic oregon_guy! Im also running this strain right now in a setup somewhat similar to yours.

Here she is currently at day 28 of flower:

oregon_guy

Thank you everyone,

TBuds: Nice looking plant. How do you rate your BM? I have heard both positive and negative (mostly good) reviews on this strain. How was the yeild on yours?

Seismic: Your BM looks way better than mine. Looks like you will get a decent yeild on yours. My pheno looks a little different than both yours and TBuds. Mine is starting to get a nice sweet aroma from the stem rub I did last night.

Postman: Thanks for stopping by bro! Yep I am the same way. This BM is out of a pack that is over a year old. I have some Super Skunk and Bubblelicious in soak right now that are the same age. Sadly I did not have good luck with the rest of my WD beans and only 1 sprouted. The WD that did make it is looking great though. Whatever it turns out to be, I plan on crossing it with a couple of others. I also have a couple Southern Lights that broke ground a few days ago too.

I just finished up the male flowering box tonight. I now have the male JH in there with a warm CFL. I am thinking I will wait until they start to pop and then cut the stems with the sacs, place in a cup of water over a piece of glass. Or do you think I should just keep the whole plant in there and collect the pollen that way? I will take a pic tomorrow night so you can get an idea the way I have it set up.

2ezy

Very nice OG.

I'm interested in seeing how your TT goes. I love the TT for it's ultra trippy and speedy high, not to mention it yields MASSIVE if given enough room. I've grown many strains and this is easily the biggest strain i've grown bar none. The Thai genes really do shine through in this plant. Makes up for the 10-11 week flowering time.

oregon_guy

2ezy, Glad to hear that you like the TT strain. I have never tried it but have read pretty good reviews on it. The mother I chose has quite a bit of sativa traits on it. I also have the freebie T Haze X Skunk. I just don't think I have the patience yet for a 4 month + flower.

Ok so here is my ghetto male pollen chamber. I know I know, I need to build a better one but I was able to get this together fast and on the cheap. I have a piece of glass under the plant for when the pollen starts shedding.

picture.php

The Super Skunk and Bubblelicious beans met the soil tonight. I also have 1 more Southern Lights pop up today, so looks like 1 Wonder Diesel, 3 Southern Lights and whatever comes up from the SS & Bubble. I am keeping the temps down to 74-78 degrees on the soil for these. I did not have good luck with my germ rate on the WD and SL. I think the temps might have a little too high (78-82 degrees) With all the seeds I have popped the last couple of years you would think I would have this part down lol.

Comments/Sugestions?

oregon_guy

Here is a small pic update:
This is the mum to be TT at day 44 of 12/12. I think she is starting to show some nice sativa traits now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All comments/suggestions are welcome!!

Here is the back up TT mum in case the pollen gets delayed and the select mom it too far along. She is at day 23 of 12/12

picture.php

TT #3 at Day 23 of 12/12

picture.php

What is wrong with my JH? It has been in 12/12 for 23 days now and it has just barely started showing flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the BM at day 44 of 12/12. It is starting to look pretty good but it dosent look I will get the yeild I was looking for. The white pistils are just starting to brown a little bit now.

picture.php

picture.php

And last but not least, my little neglected unknown strain that was gifted to me. It is supposed to be a Northern Lights but hell it could be anything. I just kind of threw it in the flowering room just for kicks. I have so many other projects going on that I do not have the space to grow it out right.

picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Postman: Thanks for stopping by bro! Yep I am the same way. This BM is out of a pack that is over a year old. I have some Super Skunk and Bubblelicious in soak right now that are the same age. Sadly I did not have good luck with the rest of my WD beans and only 1 sprouted. The WD that did make it is looking great though. Whatever it turns out to be, I plan on crossing it with a couple of others. I also have a couple Southern Lights that broke ground a few days ago too.

I just finished up the male flowering box tonight. I now have the male JH in there with a warm CFL. I am thinking I will wait until they start to pop and then cut the stems with the sacs, place in a cup of water over a piece of glass. Or do you think I should just keep the whole plant in there and collect the pollen that way? I will take a pic tomorrow night so you can get an idea the way I have it set up.

Aww man, sorry to hear the remainder wonder diesel seeds didn't fair to well. Were you able to grab clones from the females last run?

I do the same with the males... Wait for the flowers to just about open, then cut a few branches off and set them in a glass of water on top of a glass plate for collection..

Good luck the rest of the way. I'm curious to hear what you think of those nirvana strains ur running when all is done. BM looks real yummy already

oregon_guy

Hi Postman,
Yea I was pretty bummed too that I didn't get the WD to germ better. Oh well, thats they way the cookie crumbles I guess. The one WD I do have is looking very heathy and vigirous. Hopefully it will make it the rest of the way and I can do some crossing with others. I have 3 southern lights that are above ground now. A WD X SL sounds like a interesting cross to me.

No I didnt take any clones from my other WD grow. I know I should have but I have all of these beans to try out and did not consider it at the time. You can be sure I will be taking some this time around with the single WD and with the SL as well.

Have you experienced any slowing of flowering in the start of 12/12 after LST? I had 4 plants that I used FIM on and the others were LST. The ones that were LST seemed to flower very slowly while the Fimmed plants flowered normal (3 out of 4 turned out to be male though.) The LST as you can see in the pics have really taken thier time (5 females to 1 male though).

oregon_guy

Thanks Seismic, It still has a mostly sweet smell. She is starting to change a little to more of fruity smell I think. How was the aroma on yours when she finished?

Charles, The TT also has a very sweet aroma to her. This is the first time I have grown a plant with that much sativa traits in it. I am wondering how long this one is going to flower until finished? I have the patience though, I just hope it dosent turn into a 4 month + project like what I have read on the T-Haze X Skunk. I dont thinks so though.

S

Seismic

my blue mystic isn't done yet, still on day 34 of flower, although she has started to pick up a sort of cross between a dead skunk and rotten blueberries smell to it. Here is a shot of her at day 30, ill post an updated one for ya later.

picture.php

Best of luck dude, take care:joint:

oregon_guy

Seismic, Your BM is looking really good. I did a good stem rub on mine tonight. It has more of grapefruit type smell than a Blueberry. More pistils are turning brown now, but I havent checked the trichs yet. Looks like yours will yeild better than mine. Did you FIM that BM? What size pot are you using?

On another note, The male JH started shedding pollen this last day or two. Starting the collection process tomorrow night.

I will post another update in a couple of days.

S

Seismic

Hey Oregon, all I did was top the BM, she did the rest as far as sprouting the even tops. As far as the container, there in rose pots, i think they are 7x7x10inches.

Good luck with the JH breeding too bro.:joint:

bterzz

Veteran
Wow very nice!

My friend has (1) seed that another friend gave to him. Supposedly friend #2 paid some pretty good money for these beans and they came from humboldt.

He has 1 Rock Bud, 1 Super Skunk, and 1 Blue Mystic.

The first thing I said was "...let me get that blue mystic.. :D , please?"

Anyways hes gonna germ it and we'll see how she does. That just might be my next batch.

S

Seismic

-bterzz- you will probably want to make sure and take plenty of clones when you get those Blue Mystic's started, as many growers including myself, have gotten a bad male to female ratio with them. That way if you only get a couple females out of the pack, or god forbid one like me, you will be able to continue the line if you find that you like it.

What you can say about intensity of smell??
Breeder said "Compared to many other strains, Blue Mystic maintains a neutral smell while growing." Can I grow it in small room without good vent? Smell is my last disturb...

S

Seismic

What you can say about intensity of smell??
Breeder said "Compared to many other strains, Blue Mystic maintains a neutral smell while growing." Can I grow it in small room without good vent? Smell is my last disturb...

I'm not so sure about neutral smell, mine is reeking of skunk and rotten blueberries. If you are worried about the smell, do yourself a favor and invest in a good carbon filter and fan to go with it and you will be set. And as far as ventilation goes, good ventilation is one of the main key's to a successful grow

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts