What's new

Dutch Passions two new autos

Puffster

Anyone heard anything about or tried Dutch Passions new autoflower plants? They dont state using lowryder in the cross but I suspect they have, quite expensive stuff though, and only available in feminized form I think

might be interesting since the names indicate that the AF part might come from some eastern european \ russian landraces....but then again it just might be another lowryder\lowryder 2 cross (?)

Here we go with the descriptions:

Dutch Passion Tundra Feminized
:

Autoflowering Tundra is an hybrid between an autoflowering Ruderalis/Indica and our outdoor champion Passion #1. We chose Passion #1 for it’s outstanding “outdoor” qualities: healty (pestresistant), strong and early flowering, soft smoke and superb taste. Spicy, lemon and grapefruit.Small bushy plants. Mild Up-High. THC: flowering period: 8 – 11 weeks harvest time outdoor: depending on sowing time. yield: Outdoor 25 to 30 grams per plant

Dutch Passion Taiga Feminized:

Autoflowering Taiga is an hybrid between an auto-flowering Ruderalis/Indica and Power Plant. From our famous Power Plant gene pool we selected an extreme early flowering female Power Plant. This female we used to produce the female pollen. These pollen we used to fertilze the female Ruderalis/Indica. Taiga grows with big compact buds. The smell and taste are evident Power Plant. Taiga is a very good yielder for such a small plant. Taiga does not ask for a special fertilizing regime, which means that it’s easy to grow. Containers of 1.5 to 2 liters are sufficient to garantee a good harvest. Taiga loves a place in the sun, which she needs for a quality yield. Taiga has a short lifecycle, from seed to bud 8 to 10 weeks. Height of plants: 50-60 cm THC: flowering period: 8 - 10 weeks harvest time outdoor: depending on sowing time. yield: 25 to 30 grams per plant

Molson

Interesting... seems like they'd do decent outdoors. I'd try it out if I didn't already have the stock I'm gonna run.. But I guess I could spare a few extra dollars :laughing:

I

IceColdCrickets

Just goes to show you how big the AF movement is becoming. And for the only released in FEM form,, that is because they want to protect thier work... Unlike a few other AF breeders have fallen victom to genetic thieves, you control the males you control an AF line. It is just an insurrance policy from them to keep the original breeding stock thier own. A practice that will become the norm soon.

Oh and ya it is almost certain that they used a LR hybrid of somesort to make them... and here is the real question,, it take many generation to lock down the AF trait and make a stable new AF strain , at least F7 should be acchieved before release to the market.... SO,,, why aren't there any pics supplied by DP???? Seems a bit fishy if you ask me,, shady breeding work is becoming MORE and MORE common. For the fact that they state that the Tundra can take 8-11 weeks to finish,, I really don't understand how a 3 week variation window is a good thing for a stable AF strain. Even if environmental conditions arise,, if you have some plants harvest at 8 weeks and some at 11 weeks in the same area, that is far from a stable AF line and goes against the whole AF concept. To be very predictable and make growing the easiest it can be. Don't take me wrong here ,, this is not a judgement until I try them out. Just assessing the available info.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Just goes to show you how big the AF movement is becoming. And for the only released in FEM form,, that is because they want to protect thier work... Unlike a few other AF breeders have fallen victom to genetic thieves, you control the males you control an AF line. It is just an insurrance policy from them to keep the original breeding stock thier own. A practice that will become the norm soon.

Oh and ya it is almost certain that they used a LR hybrid of somesort to make them... and here is the real question,, it take many generation to lock down the AF trait and make a stable new AF strain , at least F7 should be acchieved before release to the market.... SO,,, why aren't there any pics supplied by DP???? Seems a bit fishy if you ask me,, shady breeding work is becoming MORE and MORE common. For the fact that they state that the Tundra can take 8-11 weeks to finish,, I really don't understand how a 3 week variation window is a good thing for a stable AF strain. Even if environmental conditions arise,, if you have some plants harvest at 8 weeks and some at 11 weeks in the same area, that is far from a stable AF line and goes against the whole AF concept. To be very predictable and make growing the easiest it can be. Don't take me wrong here ,, this is not a judgement until I try them out. Just assessing the available info.

agreed %100

still would be nice to have an auto strain that would veg properly for 3 weeks, atleast you would get more than a o that way

rebo

I'd always heard that DP was pretty respected as far as quality goes..
but those seeds are freaking expensive.

Mr.Jones

yeah im that opinion as well!

sensi seeds is breeding ruderalis indica now for i think nearly 15 years and 10 years ago in netherlands the laws werent really enforced anymore. so sensi seeds had a huge greenhouse to work with, to select quality plants and do some true breeding!
a year ago i had ruderalis indica and the 2 plants i grew indoor werent autoflowering at all! i put them after 4 weeks of vegi and about 9 branches under 12/12 and they started flowering like usual plants.
today in the netherlands the laws are strictly enforced and even sensi had to tear down their greenhouse - so did greenhouse seed co. and some other companies!
the dope i got from the ruderalis indica was really weak! the plant hermied and didnt yield very good - but the yield was alright!

so why should dutch passion come up with a perfect autoflowering strain now since they probably have to face, like every other seed company in the netherlands, the problem of getting their greenhouse busted with a perfect autoflowering strain?
why are they releasing 2 project at one time? i dont think its worth the money! ... i think going with lowrider for having some early yields and with some killer outdoorstrain will be much more intelligent!

raz1012

Taiga sounds like a rip off of Mdanzigs Powerstout work. It would be nice if breeders could make some new autoflowering strains with the thousands of strains that havent been used yet.

THC123

Veteran
They probably have been working for a long time on this.

Don't bash DP unless you try their seeds

I

IceColdCrickets

raz1012 they are coming. and I have tried DP stuff, 5 of thier strains ,, 4 where Shit (hermies, mutants, ect...) 1 was killler (Oasis NL#2)....

antimatter

Veteran
You guys need to realize that mdanzig isn't growing 1000's of plants at once for breeding purposes so it takes him much longer to lock down the traits he wants, its not rocket science, a regular person with not much space can make one in a year. Its all about the money thats why theres so much bashing going on and until its legal to grow theres gonna be no copyrights on strains, so dont expect anyone to credit joint doctor or mdanzig for there work.

http://www.planetganja.com/highsociety/showthread.php?t=63303

I

IceColdCrickets

You guys need to realize that mdanzig isn't growing 1000's of plants at once for breeding purposes so it takes him much longer to lock down the traits he wants, its not rocket science, a regular person with not much space can make one in a year. Its all about the money thats why theres so much bashing going on and until its legal to grow theres gonna be no copyrights on strains, so dont expect anyone to credit joint doctor or mdanzig for there work.

http://www.planetganja.com/highsociety/showthread.php?t=63303

I don't see the relevance of your comment in this thread. Nor to who it was directed to... No one was bashing DP... nor where we discussing MDs breeding practices. For your point about the time it takes to make a pure AF strain, you are correct. Takes a little over a yr to make it ok, if selections go perfect. What I was asking, due to all the generations they would have had to go through,, where are the pics from DP?? And FYI,, you can Copyright and put a Registered Trade Mark on strains in the Netherlands. Just look at Sensi Seeds lables they all have that little R with circle.

blackone

Veteran
I don't see the relevance of your comment in this thread. Nor to who it was directed to... No one was bashing DP... nor where we discussing MDs breeding practices. For your point about the time it takes to make a pure AF strain, you are correct. Takes a little over a yr to make it ok, if selections go perfect. What I was asking, due to all the generations they would have had to go through,, where are the pics from DP?? And FYI,, you can Copyright and put a Registered Trade Mark on strains in the Netherlands. Just look at Sensi Seeds lables they all have that little R with circle.

Well that's just the name...
and the way plant breeder's rights work in the world of legal plants is that the strain itself is protected, and also F1 crosses. But you're free to cross strains and stabilize new strains - therefore the development of new autoflower varieties would be possible.

In short - it wouldn't be legal to sell knockoff lowryder seeds - no matter if you use the name or not.

It would be legal to cross lowryder to another strain and stabilize the autoflowering trait (You wouldn't be able to sell the F1 generation - but it wouldn't be auto either so not so relevant in this case)

Ps: If we're talking genetically modified plants then it's another case because the genes are patented - it would be illegal to insert those genes into your own strain.

Back to Dutch Passion's product - I bet it would have to be very superior to other autoflowering strains in one way or another for it to be a success. I definitely wouldn't consider spending 75 euro on 10 seeds of something I couldn't use for clones or seeds, just to get 20-30 grams/plant.

gaviao

I recently tried some of the DP Tundra for a feminized seed run for the summer. Started them on 2-12-09. 2 of the ten flowered automatically and finished up this week (about 11 weeks from seed). The other 8 only began to flower after switching to 12/12 two weeks ago.

blackone

Veteran
So not even a stable AF strain...
Did you get any seeds? And how big were they when finished?

blitted

iv heard from alot of ppl how these DP strains are extremely unstable. the member above who posted they got 2 autoflower out of the 10, that is better AF odds than the majority of ppl iv seen post about these strains. Many got 0 AF prevalent plants out of those seeds. I have been asking around on this strain since it is one of the AF varieties my local seedbank sells. Iv grown 1 or 2 DP strains in the past and got exactly what i believed i was getting so I have nothing bad to say about DP other than that they may have released this strain far to prematurely. I think ill just go in and buy more of blue streak or other af hybrids.

I think lowlife has had the best seeds I have had so far. Dr. Chronic's diesel ryder, only 8/10 popped and then were significantly less vigorous during veg than g13 labs poison dwarf, or any of lowlifes strains. I had a couple runts, twisted leave, slow growth etc. They are just tarting to show sex, so maybe there will be good ratios there, and the flowering im sure will be awesome, just a little dissapointed in the apparently not as stable as would like state I got them at. Maybe they will be better in my F1 group.

Peace/Love/Joy

I purchased some of the DP Taiga seeds as soon as they were released, I was very disappointed. All of them stopped progressing after only a week.