What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Max0r's Closet Fluoro Jam!

Max0r

Hey all,

Thought it was about time to get a thread for my current grow started.
Currently have two 707 headband girls and a Hindu Skunk going in a Homebox XS (2x2x4).
Lighting is provided by a 2'x4bulb T-5 system with 3000k bulbs and
4x42watt 2700k CFL's for something around 20,000 lumens.
Ventilation is achieved via a 4" axial fan from radio shack (nice and sturdy for ~$20) pulling through a CAN-2600 filter.

Clones were vegged for about 2 weeks in a rubbermaid tub before they made the move to the Homebox for the flip.

Initially transplanted from rockwoll to pots with Uncle Malcolm's LifeLine soil.
Didn't really feed at all during veg, now we're on day 15 of flower and I'm feeding every other watering with FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom at 1/2 strength and the ladies love it.

As you can see they're starting to pump it up pretty nicely.

Originally I had planned to finish these in the Rubbermaid so I flipped them when they were only about 16" tall. I'd say they're up to maybe 20" now and I've managed to keep what I think is a good inter-nodal distance.

My lone skunk girl got transplanted to a bigger pot 2 days ago and is starting to bounce back. I'm really pleased with the results I got from FIM'ing her in week 2 of veg.

That pic is from almost a week ago so she's started to pack on the pistils since then.

Last edited:

Max0r

Things are going well in the tent. We're at day 18 of 12/12 right now.
Last watering was clean, gonna feed again tonight as well as update with some new pics.
Flower production is great, tons of budsites but no real trich production as of yet.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice that's exactly the setup I want in my corner of my room, a litl 4x4 Homebox with T5s... Welcome to the Micro section my friend stop by my threads and say whats up sometime, I just started a micro SWC grow that should be very interesting

Max0r

Managed to snap a few pics in the tent:

Hindu Skunk:

707 Headband:

Group Shots:

Sorry about the quality, it's a cameraphone. Has one focal length :\

Seeing one or two leaves yellowing at the very bottom of my headband girls, not too concerned but I'll check the pH tomorrow.

G

guest 77721

Looking good!!!

I've never seen your strains before. Where did you come across them?

dbfr3sh

love the t5 set up!! i just finished my as well. i did 300w of t5s and t8s, along a 4 foot line. i grew 5 organic plants from seed in about 3 1/2 months and there turning out great. good luck with your grow the t5s make for great crystal production.

picture.php

picture.php

Max0r

Red: Picked them up as cuts from one of my local dispensaries here in SoCal.
Hindu Skunk is supposed to be Hindu Kush x Skunk #1. 707 Headband is supposed to be SDxOG but I can't confirm anything.
They're labeled as coming from Skunkwerks (Oaksterdam Nursery).

dbfr3sh: lookin sick man, great inspiration!

Jamerican,Thunder,#1cheese: Thanks for showing the love.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I picked up some CalMag this afternoon so I'm gonna hit them with 1/tsp per gallon of the CalMag tonight. Does that sound about right?
I usually feed every/other watering with 2tps of BB and 1tsp of TB.

Max0r

Hydro-Soil:

Yea, I'm seeing some pretty uniform yellowing on the headband girls but the "veins" are still green, tips curling a little bit. I hit them with 1tsp/G CalMag tonight and I'll see where I'm at in a few days.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hydro-Soil:

Yea, I'm seeing some pretty uniform yellowing on the headband girls but the "veins" are still green, tips curling a little bit. I hit them with 1tsp/G CalMag tonight and I'll see where I'm at in a few days.

Next time try watering with higher pH'd nutes for a week or so. Mag is almost locked out in the lower ranges we use for cannabis. At 6.0 in hydro it becomes more freely available and that 'deficiency' disappears. No need for cal/mag unless the nutes you're feeding are low in it. (Most aren't)

Anyone care to chime in on what pH would do that for soil?

Max0r

Hydro:

Forgive my ignorance but do you mean to raise the pH of my nute-mix or rather try and find other nutes with a higher baseline pH?
Last time I checked the runoff pH it was around 6.6 but I've seen anecdotal evidence that FF Big Bloom can lower pH.
Checked them this morning before lights out and they haven't got any worse yet! Although I know it's way too early to see the results.

Frost production is starting to ramp up -- my skunk girl is starting to get that trademark aroma,
no fragrance from the headband girls yet but I have a feeling those have a WAYS left to go.

Going to try and get my hands on a decent DSLR this weekend and get some glamor shots.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hydro:
Forgive my ignorance but do you mean to raise the pH of my nute-mix or rather try and find other nutes with a higher baseline pH?
Last time I checked the runoff pH it was around 6.6 but I've seen anecdotal evidence that FF Big Bloom can lower pH.

Forgive mine then as I don't know much about soil. I only keep me mums in it for ease. They throw a cut only once in a while, so the stress I put them through isn't a big deal.

I know that in hydro the whole Cal/Mag thing clears up by raising the pH to where it's more available.

Heck, FloraNova Bloom has 4% Calcium and 2% Magnesium; that's plenty enough to use with straight RO.

You MIGHT need to add it with what you're feeding them. I'm only familiar with the GH Flora 3-part and the FloraNova series. I know that people who keep the pH low in the first 30 days tend to get that deficiency look, even though FloraNova Bloom has plenty.

Max0r

Hydro-Soil:

Good lookin out -- I'm gonna skip the next feeding and go with plain pH'd water and see how they're reacting to the initial dose.
Thinking of picking up a digital pH pen to replace my GenHydro test kit, anyone think that's worthwhile?

Max0r

Well, I've figured out at least part of the mystery. My headband girls were rootbound as hell!
I pulled them out of their pots and transplanted to about at 10% larger container with FF Ocean Forrest.
Hopefully they're deep enough into flower that they won't stretch too much more.
My pH had dropped pretty heavily, probably a result of some salt buildup in the soil.
So now they've got some fresh dirt to play in and I'm slowly working the pH up till we get back to 6.5ish.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Well, I've figured out at least part of the mystery. My headband girls were rootbound as hell!
I pulled them out of their pots and transplanted to about at 10% larger container with FF Ocean Forrest.
Hopefully they're deep enough into flower that they won't stretch too much more.
My pH had dropped pretty heavily, probably a result of some salt buildup in the soil.
So now they've got some fresh dirt to play in and I'm slowly working the pH up till we get back to 6.5ish.
Sweet! Glad you found out. :)
I can't help ya on the meter though, I use the drops. :)

Max0r

Yea, I was looking at the digital meters in the hydro shop yesterday but I couldn't find anything I felt like spending that much money on.
So I bought another bottle of GenHydro drops!

Max0r

So...

This morning the lights stayed on accidentally for an extra 4 hours (16/8) instead of 12/12.
So far this is the only time they've had their light cycle messed with for 22-odd days of flower.
How concerned should I be?