What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dirty glass ...

bterzz

Veteran
:noway:

Ok so I decided to put a bulb in my 2nd hood today so I can start flowering soon.

I pulled off the glass and to my discovery,,, DRYWALL DUST!! AnD TONS OF IT!

I cant even imagine how much light was being blocked from my poor girls. they're going to be so happy with me!

2283.jpg

bterzz

Veteran
:yoinks:

Are you using intake filters?

:yoinks: :yoinks: :yoinks:

Noooo. I should be! Where can i get one of those things and how CFM will I lose??

The drywall dust was from building the room and drywall sanding. The fan just sucked the dust into the ducting and into my hoods.

Ive cleaned it off and I hope it doesn't come back, which I doubt it will.

How much light penetration do you think I lost?

Think I will notice a noticeable increase now that its clean?

Those intake filters sure are dirty, they seem to do the trick!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I use sheets of aquarium filter pads that I cut to size. Others use coffee filters, panty hose. The filter pad is about an inch thick uncompressed and fairly porous but, the tiny hairs that make it up are labyrinthian making it difficult for dust or bugs (see the moth in the right filter) to work all the way through. I doubt they lower CFM much at all when they're clean.

Because of my cab construction, swapping filters mid grow is a pita so I do it between grows. Every 4-6 months. Look here for further clues http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=100223

bterzz

Veteran
Freezerboy, that is absolutely perfect. Aquarium filter pads, Vitamin B, Styrofoam pads for concrete floor, digital timer.

Thats my grocery list for tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts