What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Improved Dungeon..Round 2!!

the_dungeon

Dungeon Round Two.

This Grow Diary/Log is going to be of 2 separate grows.. but same nutes and soil.

First , the Dungeon.

From This...:

To This

Soil Mix:

Equal parts of Fox Farm Ocean Forest (aka FFOF)
and Fox Farm Light Warrior (LW)

to

1/3 perlite.
and added
1oz dolomite lime to the 5 gallon soil mix.

Nutrients.

I use the fox farm line.. Grow Big, Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom (GB, TB, and BB respectively.. i always mix em up..)
I also have the botanicare tri pack. Cal mag, Clearex, and Hydroguard.
Finally I have organic molasses and liquid seaweed.

They have been set on a schedule that we have been following religiously this time around.

Water, feed, water, feed.

Feeding consists of 1 1/2 tsp Grow Big, 1 cap full of Liquid seaweed and every other feeding, 1tsp Cal Mag.

This time i have not used the molasses.. and I have not tried the clearex or hydroguard.. Nor do i know how to use them..
I only got it because i needed the cal mag.. And the tri pack was 20 bucks, whereas the cal mag by itself was 50!

Strains..

The Dungeon Has 3 Pineapple Express x Train Wreck and 3 unknown strains. Which brought in mites, they are ugly, sick, and i just don't care for them. EDIT: as of 01/25/09 are destroyed :)

We've had mites for like 2 months now, but are barely getting a handle on them now. we tried the fox farm "Don’t Bug Me" spray but it didn't seem to work, and almost killed our young clones.

Now that they are more mature and growing nicely I bought a bottle of 70% neem oil. All the threads i read (from what i remember at least..) say to mix
the neem oil 50/50 to water , then spray. But the directions on the bottle said mix 2 tablespoons per gallon.. so I was somewhat unsure what to do.. I finally
decided on using 1tablespoon per 320z of water. a little more than the directions, but I wanted those mother F@#$ers gone..

So i hand smashed all of them that I could see. Pulled off all dead or dieing leaves and gave them a niiice big shower of neem oil.
I did that at around midnight. I then proceeded to change the light schedule from 24/7 to 18/6, since they were still wet from the spray.

UPDATE

5 days have passed and I did not see any NEW damaged leaves from the mites. I did find 4-5 living mites, but smashed those buggers before I sprayed em again.

UPDATE

Another 5 days has passed since I wrote the last update..I want this grow diary to be much more organized and easy to read.
anyways..
Since 5 days passed I sprayed them with neem oil yet again. Only found 1 mite this time too :woohoo:

Last edited:

the_dungeon

let me break it down easier..

Dungeon:

400w CMH
3 Pineapple Express x Train Wreck

The other grow spot will be know as
Alamony:
1,000w HPS , 400w CMH
8 Grape Apes, then 1 Double strawberry diesel , 2 Skunk Haze

Taken 01-26-09

Pineapple Express x Train Wreck and the Grape Apes were clones
The Double Strawberry Diesel and skunk man haze were bought from seed bay.So sprouted from seeds.

I know I should have topped or lst'ed them but I was lazy.. So instead i just wove them together..
I plan on mass cloneing them, then flowering the clones, while trying to establish a few mother plants.
We will be setting up the cloner within the next few days so hopefully ill have more pics soon

glad to be back!

Last edited:

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
Hurray, good to see your starting a new thread. Your dungeon sure has come a long way is looking badass. I will definetly be around to watch the show, best of luck. :joint:

Mt Toaker

I thought Pineapple Express was a name made up for that movie? I remember seeing Seth Rogen saying in an interview that he reached the high point of his career when he knew a name he made up was going to be placed on some weed to jack up the price for people. . . .

the_dungeon

Hurray, good to see your starting a new thread. Your dungeon sure has come a long way is looking badass. I will definetly be around to watch the show, best of luck. :joint:

Hey Prof Sublime! Nice of you to stop by again.!

I thought Pineapple Express was a name made up for that movie? I remember seeing Seth Rogen saying in an interview that he reached the high point of his career when he knew a name he made up was going to be placed on some weed to jack up the price for people. . . .

hahahaha yeah i saw the same thing.
but its whatever to me..

I got the pineapple express clones the same place i got the grape apes...

And the dude's favorite strain is Train Wreck.. he's got it by the pound. So when he said he had pine apple express x trainwreck i believed it.

Buuut... wont know till there flowered.. so lets see!:yeahthats

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I suspect you shouldn't have believed him on that one. More likely he has no idea what it's really crossed with, assuming it's even truly Trainwreck he has..... That said, I love the grow space. I think with a bit of work those mites can be handled permanently. Remember that mites hate humidity, and hate cold. Putting the grow though a few days of extreme humidity and dropping the cold into the 60s would really help. Most likely though, your basement location has a hard time sealing them out. You should caulk up every bit of open space around all walls, floors, and ceilings. Seal it up tight. Then control all ventilation. I mean to the point that the only air in or out goes through the paths you determine. Place Hot Shot No Pest Strips in your incoming vent and let them do the work for you. Just don't spend lots of time in that room breathing the air while those are in place. Get neem oil if you haven't already. Apply it to all surfaces of the plant with a sprayer, and if you want to do it right, use a small new paint brush to apply(new is important since some painting supplies can linger on the bristles and kill plants).

Mt Toaker

Now if it was Pineapple crossed with Trainwreck you should call it The Pineapple Express just because that would make sense. . .

Your space is very nice, sorry if it seemed like I just showed up to be a jerk about your names. . .

the_dungeon

Now if it was Pineapple crossed with Trainwreck you should call it The Pineapple Express just because that would make sense. . .

Your space is very nice, sorry if it seemed like I just showed up to be a jerk about your names. . .

haha actually on all my notes i refer to them as that. but for the threads sake i put it.

thank you! took a long time but its well worth it. and dont trip its all good

<b>magiccannibus</b> thank you for all your advice! im going shopping tomorrow so ill make sure to get those pest strips

Pics tomorrow

HindukushMaster

such a transformation of that spot bro, looks scary as hell in the first pic. and then chill as hell in the last. good luck ill definitely be checkin back for the monsters.

the_dungeon

such a transformation of that spot bro, looks scary as hell in the first pic. and then chill as hell in the last. good luck ill definitely be checkin back for the monsters.

Thanks for the compliment!

Heres an update.. as of 01-30-09.. yeah yeah i know im like a week behind.. but hey at least im updating!!

this is ALAMONY.. W/Grape apes.. Took a clone from each G.A. threw em in the cloner, and off to the side of the 400w. cmh.. I think i might have to take it out, and put it under a regular cfl... what do you guys think?? is 400wcmh to much light to clone???

group shot before trim

clippings just chillin in water

cloner.. improved and finally leak proof!

Clippings in cloner :D

A quick group shot.. grape apes in front.
from left to right skunk haze , skunk haze, and Double strawberry diesel.
yeah i know they are stretched but he's working on it.

later..!

G

guest101

Nice facilities and plants!!! :biggrin:
The flower room is looking great despite theyr diference in size.
Whatever you do to even the cannopy, good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts