What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking male plants

G

If it's not verboten, I'd like to see a discussion of harvesting and smoking male plants.

It looks like my first grow is a male Skunk #1 (Sam the Skunkman) freebie from SD. Truly my mother's daughter, I don't like to waste anything. I'm not about to toss this mofo after all these weeks! :frown:

I realize that most info is for sinsemilla, but there's got to be some "closet" smokers of male plants around here. Ha,ha! :biglaugh:
Honestly, I'm almost afraid that a sinsemilla grow will be too strong for someone who used to buy in the '70s. :eek:

What are some tips for harvesting a male?

P.S. I'm new here but have frequented the other forums ... :wave:

G

Welcome to IC /

I have 2 males that hit the trash bin tonight = IMHO toss em /

good luck & many blessings -

halfbaked

I have smoked male plants when I don't have anything else. I agree. Why waste it? Male plants can also be used for cannabutter and hash oil. I have gotten plenty high smokin male plants. The taste is not that good but the results are alright by me. :D

G

Why would you cough more than with any other plant with leaves and trichomes? :joint:
Harry Gypsna said:
not worth the coughing if u ask me! I reckon any buzz u get is more in ur head than anything!

G

I have smoked a male plant before with my brother he grew it.
And said ahh fudge it, Im going to smoke this biotch. So we puffed some shit got alil high. Like i think harry said, Its all in your head.. I agree, With harry. I'd feel the same way after all that time effort and work. Not to mention the 57 trips in 20 minutes to the growroom. To see if they have grown some more. lmao.. peace

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
well thin about it for a sec....do u flush that male??? nope...spend all the time curing it to get rid of the chlorophyl??? nope, and u will have most likely quick dried it in some way if ur that desoerate for a smoke so it would be much more harsh. bur what I meant was that u will get fuck all off it anyway except for all in ur mind, so ajy amount of coughing aint worth it!
be lucky

G

Well, this thread is supposed to be about using the male plant, not whether I should destroy it. :wink: At this point, I'm using it as a lesson in training and ScrOG manipulation. :whip: It's not even "blossomed" yet, and it's the only plant in the bloom box. Weirdly enough, I think I have found a branch with 2 pistils ... :eek:

What about harvesting, is that before or after the pollen sacs open?

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
FlowerPowerPuff said:
Well, this thread is supposed to be about using the male plant, not whether I should destroy it. :wink: At this point, I'm using it as a lesson in training and ScrOG manipulation. :whip: It's not even "blossomed" yet, and it's the only plant in the bloom box. Weirdly enough, I think I have found a branch with 2 pistils ... :eek:

What about harvesting, is that before or after the pollen sacs open?

Using the Male Plant:

Throw it away
Pollinate females for seeds
Making cannabutter
Making bubblehash

Smoke it if you want but you will get more of a headache than a buzz, trust me. Why are you scared to smoke sensi? The weed hasnt changed much since the 70s. :biglaugh:

There are a lot of moderate potency strains out today. I grow Kaya from Nirvana, its not that hard of a hitter. :smile:

O

OHenry

I don't think I'd ever smoke a male! I'd rather breed with it or destroy it. I'd make sure to wipe down the bloom box real good afterwards so you don't destory any females you throw in there. Later OH

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
OHenry said:
I don't think I'd ever smoke a male! I'd rather breed with it or destroy it. I'd make sure to wipe down the bloom box real good afterwards so you don't destory any females you throw in there. Later OH

Very good advice OH. :smile:

I need to do this asap for my flowering closet....

G

CalcioErba2004 said:
Smoke it if you want but you will get more of a headache than a buzz, trust me.
OMG, I don't need any more headaches! I'm prone to migraines as it is. Looks like it's hash heaven for this boy. He's been perfect to practice ScrOG'ing with, however.

Why are you scared to smoke sensi? The weed hasnt changed much since the 70s. :biglaugh:
Well that's good to hear. I was getting the impression from reading various forums that sinsemilla was r-e-a-l-l-y potent, so I thought it might send me flying out of my shoes right where I stood if I wasn't careful. :biglaugh:

There are a lot of moderate potency strains out today. I grow Kaya from Nirvana, its not that hard of a hitter. :smile:
Thanks for that, Calcio. I'll check this out. I haven't smoked since probably 1983, so I'm sure it'll hit me like an innocent again when I finally get that female. Heh, heh :wink:

Drugcheese

WEll i happen to like how they smell and why waste it if save it for a rainy day to make cannabutter. waste not want not

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If a male doesn't get you high, it is not a good choice for breeding stock, IMO.
I smoked some male Thunk a couple of days ago and was very pleasantly high.

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
male plants don't produce Trichomes, and Trichomes contain the THC so i fail to see any other area of the plant that would contain any amount of THC that would be enough to get high just from smoking.

Toss'em and smoke some res or just wait longer and lower you tolerance some more. :rasta:

Big Bud Bear

Grow your own, and you got the best bone
Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
If a male doesn't get you high, it is not a good choice for breeding stock, IMO.
I smoked some male Thunk a couple of days ago and was very pleasantly high.
the leaf or steam? did you flush it? no headaches?

are these mature males we are talking about or just sexed males that have not even dropped any pollen?

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mature males are best to smoke vs immature, same with fems.
And you are very mistaken. Males do most certainly produce trichomes on stems, leaves, and flowers.
You can see a pic and some talk about male trich production in the 'Questions for Sam on the Original Haze' thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts