What's new

LED Lab 2009

LEDexperimenter

sign me up for a enough for a few lights! I was planning on about 300 watts or about 50 -60 5 watters. how big are these new LED's? 1,5,10 watts?

knna

They are "1W" LEDs, actually they draw about 0.85-0.86W at full power (400mA).

Be aware that reds "3W" are actually below 2W and "5W" just a little over 3W. Red LEDs works at way lower voltages than InGaN LEDs (blue, white, green), and the categories "1W", "3W" and "5W" are generic and refers to given current levels (350-400, 700 and 1400mA, or 2*700mA, respectively) so red LEDs of each category actually draws much less power than the general category (power is current*voltage).

These 0.85W LEDs actually emits more light than LEDEngins "3W".

They are 6*6mm body, height 1.5mm (they are so slim than dont take almost any space).

thefragile

People who need white led's should check out the bridgelux arrays over at newark.com. They hit just under 100 lumens per watt, and cost less than $1.50 per watt.

anyone know why the LED Lab 2010 thread got closed??? I had just posted a question in there asking Knna if you have any news on when your shop is going to open?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haven't seen hide nor hair, Weez. Been a bit concerned myself.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I was looking for Oldmac back around halloween with a UV question.
Vacation for awhile sounded like a good excuse then. Now that it has come up again I wonder if an update is out there?