What's new

first grow - purple bagseed (week 3 flowering)

first time every doin this for my lady and i. quite exciting. we're using some locally made organic nuts specifically made for veg/bloom/ph balance and one of them is a "one step fert" that i've never used. 400 watt MH for 9 weeks of veg, then a 400 watt hps starting 3 weeks ago for 12/12. soil is a mix of organic potting soil, bat guano, worm castings, peat, and perlite.

seeds came from these buds.. and we're hoping for color in our lovely ladies that is similar :)

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

here are some pics that i took this morning. today is 3 weeks since we switched to 12/12

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

Last edited:

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Purple Nugs you got those seeds from. Nice little grow also. What would you "assume" that the purple bud was? Granddaddy Purple? Purple Erkle? Grape Ape?

reservationlabs said:
Nice Purple Nugs you got those seeds from. Nice little grow also. What would you "assume" that the purple bud was? Granddaddy Purple? Purple Erkle? Grape Ape?

no clue actually.. first and only purps i've every had myself where the BUD was actually purp instead of the leaves.

can anyone tell anything about the strain by how it looks? looks like two obvious pheno's .. one being more indica and one being more sativa

thanks for the kind words

Last edited:

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
hey HOME's
looking good what a prize in that little nug >>>>> like some stoner cracker jack prize

i dont know what it is but it looks killer >>>>>keep it up buddy

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks more Grape Ape from the eye alone. Thats why I was asking. What was the Smell and Taste like of the buds?

B420

Looking good. Can't wait to see if the purple shows genetically or if yours was a product of environment. Good luck.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
homespunditc said:
i cant remember but my lady remembers a skunky/lime taste? beats me. we'll be sure to let you know once we sample our own :)

Yes please do let the community know what the Smell and Taste is like once you sample your own plants.

I wonder if the Original Plants your bag of buds came from was self pollinated or if it was stray pollen. Lets see if you get any purple color in your grow. Keep us posted.

thanks for all the kind words. we're having some interesting brown/rust colored spots on some of the older big fan leaves. i'll post pics later

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
For a first grow, it looks like you have everything in hand, plants look healthy and big, should get some nice nugs.

I dont think that is a true purple strain, that looks like temp drop coloring

This happened just by having lower lights out temps. I have grown this same strain before and has been green right through.

And this is a purple strain below

Looking forward to seeing your monster buds very soon

how long into 12/12 is that last pic from dr. dog? i'm just curious as to when our buds are gonna go from massive clusers of pistils to looking more like that picture

Dr Dog

Veteran
That last pic is probably about 5 weeks, possibly 6, it is hard to say as that was a lower bud
you will see them fill in soon enough, normally from week 2 to 5, you really see it pack it on. Dont get discouraged, you will get there soon enough

hell yeah :) sometimes i forget that all 4 of them were in ONE 5 gallon bucket a little more than a month ago.... crazy. but yeah tomorrow morning once lights are back on we'll snap some pictures of the leaf problems. everything else is lookin hotttt!!

and the smell... mmmmm :D

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I personally believe it to be a Purple Strain, but I am not on this community to debate.
I would like to see a picture of the leafs to see the brown spots. I wonder if it is a problem or just older leafs that have done their job of providing life to the buds and the plant finally dying off?

alright so here are some pictures from the closet that we just took.

somethin is definitely going on. the first two pics are of the leaf prob that two of the ladies are showing. then the other two pics are of two bud sites that have had some of the top pistils QUICKLY turn brown/red

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

and

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Veteran
You are locking something out

Kind of looks like possibly a Calcium and Manganese def.

Check your pH of your water, and try to check and see what is in that custom nute solution you use. Cal Mag is good for the Cal def, loads of other additives have Cal in it as well

Good luck

thanks for the quick reply. is that whats causing the pistils to change color too you think?

we have a kit to test water ph, soil ph, soil n/p/k, but nothing for mag or cal. should we just go based of what the leaves look like and what we read to guess what they need?

what are the other possibilities