What's new

Inside The LC: Birth of the Hippie Generation

Derty

Inside The LC: The Strange but Mostly True Story of Laurel Canyon and the Birth of the Hippie Generation. by David McGowan

Hi guys n gals old Rock Fans

Here is a very well written story about all of our favorite bands of the late 60's early 70's. Theres 12 chapters online with more chapters yet to be released. :joint: Some Bands covered in this are Frank Zappa, The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, The Mamas and the Papas, The Doors, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Jackson Browne, The Eagles and many many more. Moreover this reveals a lot of information that can only be had from behind the scenes :jump:
http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/ Inside the LC

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello Derty,

Woow, Jim Morrison is Admiral Morrison' s son....wow is all I can say.

I just started the first chapter. thanks for the link.

minds_I

PS. I grew up in the Antelope Valley, about an hours drive from Laural Canyon. And went ot the same high school..years later of course

PS again, wow, just amazing....so far

Last edited:

Derty

Hey Minds I
Cool that you are from Antelope vallley. There are some pics of the Laurel canyon area in the upcoming chapters. I bet you will probably recognize some of the scenery in the pics.
I want to ask you if you have been to lookout mtn ? The author says in one of the chapters that there was a secret base up there where the govt produced a bunch of training movies. Very interesting what happened right in your neighborhood Minds IThanks for stopping by

minds_I

Veteran
Hello Derty,

Yeah, the landscape is as I remember.

I have3 never actually been up to Lookout mountain myself so I cannot speak to the government base there.

I am truely at awe at the intertwining of the history so far...and I am not one for coincidences of this magntude. On the other hand, while I still have to finish the piece, I am not so sure that the governement had as big of a hand in this as been implied....but then again as I said I have not finished the piece.

Again, thanks for the link.

minds_I

Derty

Fact checking

Fact checking

Hi Minds I
Yeah man some of David McGowan"s stories deserve some serious fact checking. I don't know about the government conspiracy angle that he is trying to present on here. These rock players were all rebels and non conformist types. I don't know if you have gotten to the part yet about The Wrecking Crew band of studio musicians. I looked them up on Wikipedia and theres a big article on them, this part I have verified. They were players on a lot of records and they are in the credits of the records. It's a common practice then to have extra help on studio albums and still is today. :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts