What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

which strain would you recommend for cabs?

darippa

been reading some recommendations for great sativas and would appreciate your input on strains to grow in 400w cabs with a 40" height(top of pot to reflector glass) limits. Preferably would be grown sog or scrog style in ebb/flow system. What would be the most oily,uplifting, speedy,racy, well worth the wait recommendation?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
darippa said:
been reading some recommendations for great sativas and would appreciate your input on strains to grow in 400w cabs with a 40" height(top of pot to reflector glass) limits. Preferably would be grown sog or scrog style in ebb/flow system. What would be the most oily,uplifting, speedy,racy, well worth the wait recommendation?

Cannabiogen destroyer is a great choice, there's no doubt.

Congo is an interesting one too. Strong up and motivating high, adapted to indoor growing and to relative small-medium spaces. Flowering time 10-11 weeks.

Hi darippa,

I asked a similar question recently about the Panama strain in a cab around the same size. I don't know for sure if Panama would be precisely what you are looking for or not, I haven't even tried it myself, but it sounds good so here is my question and dubi's reply:

and here's another reply from him later in the thread where he shows pictures of a Panama that was grown to about 1 meter = 39.3 inches... pretty close to exactly what you were asking about:

I hope that helps. :rasta:

darippa

thanks for the great recommendations. Really appreciate it and look forward to seeing them sogged. Are they nute hogs or like most sats and like light recipes?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Tiru Valluvar for your assistance :smile:

It's very apreciated!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
Dubi - how would you describe the taste of Congo?

Floral, woody, spicy sligthy sweet with honey tones. Old school taste, maybe not in the 'modern standards'.

High is very active and up, somewhat polemic for some people, makes people talk and talk about politics, football, life, talk and talk hehehehhehe

W

Whatever

It all sounds fine but had to look up polemic...lol...and don't quite get how your using that term in applying it to the description. Are you saying something like agitated?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whatever said:
It all sounds fine but had to look up polemic...lol...and don't quite get how your using that term in applying it to the description. Are you saying something like agitated?

It's only a funny comment, a few friends experienced lot of agitation after smoke congo in the morning time, conversation becomes too loud and excited, nervous people shouldnt mix coffee with that kind of sativas! :D

Hi there dubi and everyone else,
just tried out a few calyxs which i pinched off the plants of both NJ and BH,
made a few crumbs of smoke, not enough to get high, NJ left a nice lemon smell in my breath, BH darker aroma, although i didt get the high off the BH, i found it gave me a very happy feeling for a while
(my flowering room isnt set up properly yet, so im keeping the plants on a 15hr lights on, as 13hrs started triggering the flowering, i will post pics later on),
anyways, i can already see the variations between plants, and i found the BH to be as variable as the NJ, funnily enough, looking at two different BH plants,
i see one short enough, higher smelling plant (not overpowering though), dark green leaves,
another stretchier one, thinner bright green leaves (three sets of leaves at first), that get thinner on the new sets of leaves, with an even darker, very low smell of liqourice like aroma, i can see it might take a little bit longer to flower, this one will be a keeper just for its visual appeal :D (might have more vigour too), especially if the high turns out to be the best of course...
the stretch is not a problem, as it seems it should be manageable indoors anyways, and these are destined for outdoor guerilla grows from cuts.
anyways, would those be more congolese characteristics?

I see you commenting on the high of the congo, i read somewhere, it was bred for outdoor grows in a warm climate,
anyways my question about that is, do the highs of congo and BH have any major differences in effect?

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ganjabrother said:
Hi there dubi and everyone else,
just tried out a few calyxs which i pinched off the plants of both NJ and BH,
made a few crumbs of smoke, not enough to get high, NJ left a nice lemon smell in my breath, BH darker aroma, although i didt get the high off the BH, i found it gave me a very happy feeling for a while
(my flowering room isnt set up properly yet, so im keeping the plants on a 15hr lights on, as 13hrs started triggering the flowering, i will post pics later on),
anyways, i can already see the variations between plants, and i found the BH to be as variable as the NJ, funnily enough, looking at two different BH plants,
i see one short enough, higher smelling plant (not overpowering though), dark green leaves,
another stretchier one, thinner bright green leaves (three sets of leaves at first), that get thinner on the new sets of leaves, with an even darker, very low smell of liqourice like aroma, i can see it might take a little bit longer to flower, this one will be a keeper just for its visual appeal :D (might have more vigour too), especially if the high turns out to be the best of course...
the stretch is not a problem, as it seems it should be manageable indoors anyways, and these are destined for outdoor guerilla grows from cuts.
anyways, would those be more congolese characteristics?

I see you commenting on the high of the congo, i read somewhere, it was bred for outdoor grows in a warm climate,
anyways my question about that is, do the highs of congo and BH have any major differences in effect?

Good day ganja brother,

The taller, thin and long flowering bangi haze with liquorice aroma should be more congolese influenced. There could be some growing differences between NJ plants, mainly in height but they are all robust and fast flowering plants with a very similar aroma and effect.

Im glad first inital smoke has been positive, please, let us know what do you think after finish and cured them. Best wishes for the grow!