What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa Mexicana by Sativa Seedbank

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
When I first purchased these beans(from SD of course :yes: )
I was thinking I'd like something remeniscant of some oldschool Acopulco Gold.
From the SD site:

>This is a pure sativa plant from Mexico. Nice thin buds grow all the way from the internodes to the top. The sticky buds have golden brown hairs. This plant is covered with crystals and delivers a strong high. Flowering time: 56-64 days Inside and outside cultivation Sativa Yield: indoors: 500 grams per square meter. Outdoors: up to 1 kilo per plant! <

I grew out the SM as part of my "Worst Grow Ever" (see thread in sig line)
She ran a bit longer than the redicted flower time, but hey, it IS a sativa. Other than that, it grew just like the description. LOTS of colorful hairs, covered in crystals. Pretty strong smell in growing.
But enough about growing it, THIS is a smoke report.

AS mentiond above, it has a pretty strong smell in grow which really carries over to the finished product. The smell is like a nervous skunk hiding deep in the middle of a pine forest. Very piney, slightly skunky, a little menthol.
The buds are VERY sticky to the touch. Nice and sparkly.
Some of the strains I've grown take a lot of time curing to bring out the smell, flavor. NOT this stuff! It's smell and flavor are right there after less than a week in the jars. Obviously more time would only bring this out more, as well as smoothe out the already smooothe smoke.
Lots of taste goes with that smell. Very much along the lines of the smell, piney, skunky, menthol, in that order.
Overall, a very nice smoke, smoothe, tasty, and pretty potent. I've smoked stronger sativas, but this is still pretty powerful. I think since I had problems in the last grow, the clones will be even stronger sicne they're growing strong and healthy.
The high is distinctly sativa, a light, happy up kind of buzz. A good time party kind of buzz, easy to function on during the day. Similar to the buzz from some Haze varieties I've smoked. Unlike some sativas, I didn't get that nervous, paranoid feeling that some can cause. I've smoked some Juicyfruit which had a much more intense, speedy high. This stuff doesn't take me up that high, but defintely does the trick. A good all around party weed, and daytime smoke.
When I first started growing this, a few people said "Sativa Mexicana? Sounds like schwagg!"
Far from it.
A good quality smoke that I'd highly recommend.
I''ve currently got 2 clones in flower, and still have half a pack of seeds. I'll definitely be growing this strain again!
cook

Hi Hi HIGH! many thanks for sharing your experience here... and thank you for such a well written report. (adore your reference to friends calling Mexican schwag *grins*)
many great things have Mexican origins *winks*. Have a great day. *waves bye* Akiko

G

High Cooked Cook, I too apreciate the finely written report. I really got a since of what that strain is all about. Did it get very tall? Looks to have a nice yeild also. And I know about the clones growing up better seems like you can dial thing in better on the next go around. Thanks bro!!

Smokey.

G

Sounds good cook ...very informative post... love the landrace mexicans...

take care
greenfriend

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
Sativariffic!

Sativariffic!

Smokey, it was indeed one of those tall stretchy beasts. I had to keep constantly restraining her to keep her outa the lights :whip:
And had I not attempted to kill her it would have REALLY yielded.
It just packed on the buds. Long thin frosty ones, covered in colorful hairs.

Unrestrained, she would have gotten a good 2 feet over the top of the LSD and Grape Punch. :eek:

Cal, unfortunately being the smokin fool I am, I blazed up all of this plant's harvest :rolleyes:
but when the clones come in (maybe 3-4 weeks from now- DOH! )
I'll be sure you get a taste of em :canabis:
In fact, I'm going to go visit the clones now :smile:
Support NAFTA- Mexico has good bud :biglaugh:

just not the bales of commercial stuff.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Yes :canabis:

Mexico is good if you go there....but if you sit here and wait for it to get here, you might as well grow your own like you did. :biglaugh:

BlazingPheonix!

CC, Thanks for the report. :headbange I LOVE my Mex sativa's that I've acquired from the source and wondered what their Mexi was like. The nuggies are beauts! :joint:

BlPhF

I

Iron_Lion

sounds awesome, never really gave sativa seedbank much thought, they have alot of interesting strains available.

Last edited:
C

Cannabal

SM is good, I got indi-pheno which had strongest smell ever. The yield also was great.
In my top 3, indeed. Easy to grow if u grow it in DWC and lucas-formula ph'd to 4.9 - 5.2, it likes it acidic.

Thanks !

Nik Dynosaur

I'm glad you posted this. I haven't heard much report from this seedbank but have been interested in a couple of their strains. I might have to make an order.

I may be different from some people, but i love the high that good mexican commercial gives me. It's not pleasurable to smoke, and it's harsh most of the time. But my brother only buys mex commercial (even though i try to get him to smoke my bud, i have given him mason jars full and he still prefers the commerc.) and i grow out seeds from the ones he likes the most and i've produced some of the most beautiful plants that way. I have 2 mothers that came from bagseed that way.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was a very good report. I hope more people give it a grow. I have a nice Pure Sativa project in the works. I have a few other project before it, but I think when all is finished Sativa lovers will enjoy it. Once again a very good report.

Last edited:

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha... What a blast from the past. Cook your SM#2 is alive and well and pregnant as all hell with some f-13 demon seed. Hope you had a happy NY.

mixin

i have some nyc diesel getting closer and closer to harvest time. soma says there is mexican sativa crossed in it

yoss33

Veteran
I had 2 seeds of Nirvana's Royal Flush (Oaxacan x Jock Horror; formerly called Nirvana Special) grown outdoor this year. One was quite Jock-like (smell and structure) and the other - more stretchy and thin, I guess, more like the mexicana parent. This last one had such a clear, positive and at times magical high... in the class of true Haze but gentler in effect. I'll definitely grow Eldorado (the new marketing name for Nirvana's Sativa Mexicana) next season.

Latest posts

Latest posts