What's new

Old Micheocan line

four seasons

Veteran
I posted this on another forum but thought it might be better suited here since most on here are into land race genetics it seems.

Old 91 Micheocan strain(Spicy Cola)

I received this old Mexican Micheocan strain, which I call Spicy Cola, from the same cool cat who gave me the Dejavu line(Grape Mecheocan).
I have kept this plant inbreed since by selecting for the wonderful bold sweet and spicy flavors. The thick syrupy flavor does remind me of the soda "DR. Pepper but with a kick. Nice floral notes on the exhale finish the bouquet for a wonderful smoking experience.
The buzz is very powerful with a strong body thrust in the cerebral but calming high.
This one really dries the mouth and reddens the eyes like old school weed was known for.
I started this12 foot tall plant August 1st, put it out Aug.15 and it will be harvested Dec 7th, weather depending.
The colas form into very tight heavy nugs with purple fused calyx and lime green attributes.
I should get about 15-20 jars off this one.
I am pleased at the way I have kept the flavor intact even though it puts out many phenos not like the Dejavu line which is more stable.
I use rich homemade composted soils, compost tea , plenty of sunshine and lots of love for all of my goodies.
These Picts were taken today in my back yard.
Peace and keep it goen...

Last edited:
Four Seasons,

Thanks for sharing bro! Those are some tastey looking buds, how long have you been breeding these? Thanks again.

Mota

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for share the info, both mexican lines sound very interesting, with such beautiful colors, i have found spicy and sweet aromas in mexican sativas but grapy are not so common. Long flowering mexicans are hard to find right now and maybe it's a good sign of her pure sativa heritage.

You can be proud to keep the genetics with all her good essence after almost 20 years :yes:

Last edited:
C

charlie garcia

Agree with dubi for sure, hope enjoy those beautiful plants. Love to see them still healthy. They look tasty for the pics but your description just increased my salivating haha

Thx for nice thread and pics man, a beauty
enjoy
charlie

four seasons

Veteran
Thank you Mota , DUBI, Charlie and El Gordo.
I will get more shots of this plant on harvest day.
Dubi Ive got Orient Express and Congo on the way.
Just waiting for more Napjam and Yunann perhaps.
Shiskaberry crossed with Grape Micheocan

Peace

Last edited:

four seasons

Veteran
Two weeks later the old Micheocan line is coming along great and starting to fill out.
Its been flowering for almost 14 weeks and has two to three more to go.
I might have to harvest early because of the pending Chemotherapy I am waiting to start again.
The buzz will be more cerabral and speedy but if I wait it will put on more texture in the buzz and flavors and it will thicken up even more.
What would you fine people do if you were in my shoes?

Peace

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

its a beatyfull plant! thats what i think!

i would harvest it if there is a risk you will be buzy later - as long as its not too far from best harvest date. wait as long as possible?

peace!

C

charlie garcia

Really beautiful! You know last weeks in some sativas usually takes them to the best so its hard to say but from the pics, seems still little to go... calixes dont look like maturing yet... If climate allows maybe I would take the risk and wait :)

We work as well here some Michoacan, the well known Verde Limon but for the look of your pics lines look so different. Dont think they even related. We work to improve VL and other lines due its strong variability and is always a slow task but we want it to keep it pure. Glad some other quality stuff from such area. I really wish some other old and new Mexican lines would be on the scene of today!

sure not as pretty as yours ;) but here some Michoacan Verde Limon in small pot size

MexVLEDSCN0375copia.jpg

MexVLDSCN0431copia.jpg

MexVLDSCN0668copia.jpg

Last edited:
B

bocil

Ummmmmnnnn!!!! Hey pendejo Charlie,its a nice plant and good pic,ke onda wey !!!!!!!!!! :muahaha:

Cartelero37

four seasons said:
Two weeks later the old Micheocan line is coming along great and starting to fill out.
Its been flowering for almost 14 weeks and has two to three more to go.
I might have to harvest early because of the pending Chemotherapy I am waiting to start again.
The buzz will be more cerabral and speedy but if I wait it will put on more texture in the buzz and flavors and it will thicken up even more.
What would you fine people do if you were in my shoes?

Peace

Nice michoacan! I wonder if that's the 1 cheech was saying that he smoked? Its very resinated and very appealing with them purple buds. how about making some beans? :rasta: anyways nice thread.......C37

four seasons

Veteran
Very Nice Charlie.
That one looks more classic mex genotype. My micheocan puts out several phenos and through many years of selection I have pretty much stabilized the growing triats I was selecting for. The plants,seeds and colas are huge on this one, a little unique for the genotype.
Will you be releasing any of your mexi lines to the public?
Thanks Cartelero, maybe some freebees someday.

Last edited:
C

charlie garcia

Well not sure yet but I guess will be like that.. working next 2 years to document some Columbians and Mexicans. We released some limited edition of this Verde Limon and I guess next year will more lots available as far as I am still working with it and look only for best males now. This Jamaican line is been spreaded around to friends since I started working with it so you can find them even back in Jamaica!

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I have heard of the Michoacan Brown Spear, but the Michoacan I smoked back in 1970 was pale green and full of immature white seeds. It had a soaring cerebral high with some loss of motor function and lots of giggling. Charlie, could that have been the Verde Limon?

Dubi, I have 6 of your Chinese Yunnan going now. Beautiful plants...good for anxiety. Looks like they will yield well.

C

charlie garcia

Hard to say Pops, there was not culture here in Spain at all about cannabis or Mexican names, figure out names given in english. Guys form states should know much better about those mexican lines than we can ever know here. Verde Limon is wide spread and recognized by mexicans as a local land weed, varies a bit and a bit broader leafed VL can be found as well as a variation of but basically comes from Michoacan. But my communication with friends over there is in spanish...they know "gold" names and things like that but be sure dont ever know about other english names or even names other than local marihuana! A friend described effect of best Verde Limon as a kind of mushroom type of effect with waves of intensity and long lasting... is hard yet to find these top ones well and thus the job with them still as pure, trying to improve them.

best

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts