What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nightstand micro grow Lowryder2 x Diesel

jennee

Ok. I have been a fan of the micro grow thread for a year now and here goes my first micro grow run I am converting an old nightstand/bookcase into a micro grow chamber

So I removed the books and made a door (I am a carpenter).

Then, I painted the inside and added venitlation

Now, it's in my room

The pics of the babies are at day 14........will keep you posted.

Last edited:
Nice setup! Good job converting that bookshelf! You may benefit from adding another 2 cfl's to the grow. You will find that it will add to your plants exponentially! PEACE

green_grow

Veteran
nifty little grow box !
like navigator says, more light would be a benefit. if you cant squeeze 2 more bulbs in there, maybe you replace those 2 with more powerful ones ?
keep up the good work.

M

moses224

beutiful work thats one of the cleanest iv seen for its size

Quazi

Nice and stealthy man. Tagged for sure.

Just one thing:
From the pictures, it doesn't appear you have any sort of filter for odor. You should consider making a small one with some activated carbon. Because if you're successful, you're gonna have a stinky little box before you know it.

-Q :rasta:

jennee

thanks for all the advice. I have been trying to find the 150w 6500k CFLs at Lowe's in the area but they are all out! I guess alot of people are doing CFL micro grows.

Here are the Lowryder2 x Diesel babies at day 17.

I started out my indoor career that way jennee! Rubbermaid with 6 3500K 42W CFL's and a PC fan. 1/2 OZ maybe? now im pulling pounds on 36sq and 1600 watts! Dream Big friend!

G0d5hand

Nice. very nice. How you gonna grow it? just switch it to 12 and 12 right away? Anyways I am definitly going to keep an eye on this thread. Peace

jennee

Today i switched the bulbs to 6500k and added another one. Now it stands at 300W. The size of the cab is 15"L x 15"W x 22"h. So, that is a pretty good amount for such a small space.

Day 19

green_grow

Veteran
sounds good, but it's normal procedure to use the lower rating when discussing cfls .
300 real watts in that box would probably fry an egg.
happy growing !