What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going Stealthy

B

basement420

Well on tuesday some crap happened. My landlord became overly insistent that he check the apartment for damages caused by my dog, even though she is not a destructive type. He was screwed over by a previous tenant lately with a dog for over $2000 worth of animal damages, so now I was under scrutiny. I got him to leave, he said he will return, so then in the next hour I ripped apart the entire grow area, packed away equipment, pulled apart clone area, packed up the clones, and cut down the plants in flower. A friend allowed me use of his house to trim and dry in for a few days, so everything is done and moved from my present location now. Plan to construct a mildly large grow cabinet out of an armoire and use all the present equipment in it. Hope to have it finished by sunday so I can start the clones I still have back up with a stealthier setup so if he demands entry again this whole thing doesn't need to happen. Figure he can't search my personal belongings.

Well here is the beginning of this setup. I have pretty much barely started but I have hung the light cooltube, mylar on three walls, and bought most of the materials I am going to need for tonight.

A

ANOMOS

that blows, good luck with setting it up before he comes back.
i used to have a landlord that would just open the door and come in, not even a call, or knock, so i know the woes of landlord visits. so just be happy he isnt one of those. even though it is illegal.

C

cellardweller

Well, I posted in yer other thread, but I wanted to stop by and check out the new cab! Not for nothin, it looks like a real winner for sure! Will you run all new strains or do you have the cuts still to work with? I forget already what you said in the other thread and I just read it moments ago...:bashhead: :joint:
~cd

B

basement420

Yeah the landlord isn't too bad but definitely sucks. I will run most likely two green cracks, two kali mists, and two pine tar kush, I was able to save my cuts so at least that is cool.

crzygirl

Sweet basement420! Thats a very nice armoire you have there, will be even nicer filled to the brim with sweet sticky plants!

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
yeah man, damned nice setup considering the situation!! cant wait to see it up and running!!

dont mean to be a cock about but dont forget to mylar your cab doors as well!!

B

basement420

Still need to make a tarp with one black side and one side mylar to enclose the doors.

S

SwitchAvenger

Was reading some of your grow logs, sorry to hear about the other set up having to get torn down.

Good luck with your new one

B

basement420

Well got alittle derailed recently on construction. Girlfriend decided that if i want it in the bedroom she wanted to paint it, so she painted it and now I can start construction back up today after work. Pretty much only have a few pieces of mylar to hang, some weather stripping, put the drain and fill lines in, and put in the h2o pump. Thinking I can have plants in it by tomorrow evening providing all goes well with the leak proofing. Will post some finished shots this evening.

Also question: Can I just use neoprene pucks to keep my plants in their buckets or is it a necessity to use net pots? If I need net pots I only have 4 and will need to pick up 2 more but I like the idea of using pucks like a cloner.

C

cellardweller

I dont see any reason why you couldnt use those pucks..
just make sure they dont pinch the stems and you should be all set.
~cd

B

basement420

Thanks for the quick response cellardweller, gonna do it and see what happens

B

basement420

Update:
All electrical run, plumbing done (both air and h2o), lights hung, mylar, light leaked, drains hooked up and tested, no leaks in the system. All I am waiting on is some tarp from a friend to light proof the buckets and to bring me my plants he is holding on to then it is go time again. Should be running this evening, gotta do some temp testing this afternoon first.

Painted at request of girl:

Inside:

Hose runs:

Reservoir return lines:

Equipment:

B

basement420

Well here it is still need to light proof buckets tomorrow. Thinking a sheet of black poly with holes for the plants. Also need to work on the light leaks, and try to get the temp lower. It is currently at 80*F. Air pump is too loud, gonna have to switch it out for a few smaller ones to be more quiet. Fan is kinda loud too but thinking about an aquarium on top to disguise some noise. Otherwise seems to be working. Here are some pics (finally some with plants):

B

basement420

Well have a problem, woke up this morning and temps were at 92*. I have done the math and I do not think I have enough intakes. Luckily the light goes off at 10am while I am at work so the cab can cool down while I am gone then I can maybe cut more intakes.

C

cellardweller

Intake needs to be twice of what exhaust is..4"ex/8"intake
Try wrapping your airpumps in a towel or t-shirt. That will quiet em down.
Cab is looking great! Keep up the good work..
~cd

B

basement420

Have switched the large pump out for two smaller versions, much quieter now. Now though it is still alittle too loud for comfortable sleep (says the girlfriend), so I picked up some acoustic deadening board to place on the back of the cab to hopefully quiet it down some more. Haven't got the temp figured out though yet, maybe after it is quieter.

MedTokeRx

Looks awsome bro! you might want to cover those clear hoses so algea wont grow in them. looks like youve got all youre bases coverd now this should be a great show.

Latest posts

Latest posts