What's new

For those that enjoy a sharp piece of Steel

D

Don Cotyle

So who likes likes a sharp knife? Any collecters? Heres my shrine to the god of Steel

I'll pull one down and from time to time to show. So what have you got?

Last edited:
i used to collect, but then i found uses for all my steel. lol Now im looking to get a few pieces that i can rely on for a long time (and an automatic just to play with)

stuff like this:
cs16absj.jpg

and
TPTBT-010.jpg

and just to fool with
Micarta.jpg

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I always have steel at hand, anywhere in the house, both doors, vehicle, travel bags, work shop and bloom.
H

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This Randall Model 15 Airmans knife sold on eBay about two
years ago for $7,450 an early Vietnam era collector piece.

I bought this 1989 R1128 off of eBay quite awhile ago, it had
been torn down and extensively file worked then the wooden
Cocobolo grips were replaced with Black Buffalo Horn.

Bolsters, blades, liners and backsprings were worked.

I love this model Remington, pattern #R1373 the 2007 Bullet
knife aka the Renegade. I own three of the limited edition
engraved models issued by Remington, best collectors value.

The MercWorx Seraphym a serious piece of steel.
Comes with that combo belt/neck scabbard.
$275.00 + shipping online.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I dont currently own any knives but I've been thinking that carrying a good folding one (Stoner: those Remingtons look pretty sweet) would be very useful. Don't most states have laws on how big a knife you can carry?
Don, your knife collection looks pretty old school. Do you have any folding knives for discrete carry? I'd imagine you can't walk around in public with a big bowie strapped to your belt... and is that a 20mm shell in the background? Does the blue tip mean something? :joint:

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i *wish* i owned these:

bob dozier arkansas toothpick, D2 steel, paper micarta scales

paul panak of burn knives, kris blade latama-style stiletto, mother of pearl scales.

beauties, keep em comin!

ps had to add this ... check out the "hamon" temper line on the bowie by shiva ki; and that beautiful (if im not mistaken) colt!

Last edited:

Wonderon

Best knife I've ever owned, very sharp and convenient to open. I have the Delica:
68582563_tp.jpg

The specs:
Spyderco will undoubtedly fulfill many knife knuts knife fantasy picks with the introduction of the Waved Delica and Endura. Waved models combine all that’s functional and performance-based in a Spyderco folder with the Wave Blade-Opening feature made popular and patented by Ernest Emerson of Emerson Knives. The Wave is a hook curving out the top of the knife’s blade. When removing the knife from a front pocket the Wave catches the pocket’s edge quickly opening the knife blade ready to use. The knife can also be taken out of the pocket without engaging the Wave Opening Feature by pulling it straight up and out with your fingers on top of the closed blade. Waved Delicas and Enduras have screw construction making cleaning and adjusting easier. Their gray fiberglass reinforced nylon handles are molded with Bi-Directional Texturing® for traction and improved ergonomics. Inside the handle dual skeletonized stainless steel liners strengthen the knife without additional weight and create an anchor for external and internal components to attach through for more sturdiness and rigidity. Their VG-10 blades are flat saber-ground with a stronger tip and larger 13mm opening hole. Added to the blade’s spine is slip resistant jimping. Phosphor bronze washers smooth out the open/close action and the clip is upgraded to a four-way tip-up, tip-down, left- or right-handed clip.

Last edited:

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Did someone say steel?

Did someone say steel?

Hey, got a few myself... :rasta:

Peace

Took a bushwalk Monday, a fallen tree was blocking the trail. Trail cleared...

Last edited:

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Mostly I collect culinary knives. You can see some of the collection to the left of the copper pots. My favorites are a heavy Chinese cleaver that can split open winter squash with one smack, and a sushi knife that is made in the traditional Japanese folded-steel style like samurai swords used to be. It's exquisite and a joy to use.

But my prize- a nearly 4-foot Scots Claymore- is in GPD Evidence... Crap.

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
I looove knives, have owned and carried a knife pretty much everyday since I was about 7-8 years old. Currently I carry a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Serrated pocket knife. Pretty badass, apply pressure to the raised area on the back and FLICK! that thing opens in considerably less than a second. Basically a switchblade. Had a cop ask if he could see it, he enjoyed it so much he walked directly over to the knife area (I was working at Wal-mart at the time) and might have bought one.
I have a couple I am pretty proud of, a nice Bowie knife, a British Commando and a wonderful little Ka-Bar. I will throw some pictures up later. These are my two Kukris. The smaller one was given to me and has some minor rust on it, it was worse, but it's getting better with a little care. It has no sheath and usually stays under the couch.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
indifferent said:
So not only guns but big honking blades are legal in the US?
Depends on state. I've got a felony on my record for a double-edged blade over 4"... isn't that nice... if I lived 10 miles away I'd have been fine... :badday:

B

bowlgrinder

2 things you guys may be able to help me with.
a all the knives I collected up to this point have cheap plastic handles that are not worth shit. Where/how do I find GOOD blades. With STRONG handles.

and b
How do you find you're regions knife carrying laws....I really want to start carrying even just a pen blade.

B

bowlgrinder

Jesus h Christ.(all reverence)
What the hell why is it this hard to find my regions laws THIS is bullshit I should have a copy of a book DELIVERED to me. That should say the knife laws.

I found another person in my area looking for the same info.
He had to call the cops and go through like 10 people PLUS check EVERY TOWNS local laws near his home any town he would be driving through had to be checked.

It's almost like there hiding the laws.

No one uses opinels? They are french made, originally for gardening but they are alle perpose

Opinel_No7_No10_No10-billhook.jpg

nice wooden handle, blades are uber sharp, they oxidise fast though

Latest posts

Latest posts