What's new

Pinstripe's 2nd try: PC case + 22W LED

knna

There is no any comercial unit using LEDs with that efficiency right now. Im working on that, but its not avalaible yet.

Building it yourself dont require any special skills, just the will and some free hours. Not difficult at all.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Incredible buds pinstripe!! I can't believe an o off of 22 watts..LED's are a big thing now..
Great job !!!!!

knna

Are these good for a cabinet pc grow?
Osram Golden Dragon Plus

27 Red: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/D...1-1-ND&itemSeq=86861251&uq=634114087934024494
5 Blue: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/D...7-1-ND&itemSeq=86861259&uq=634114087934024494
8 White: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/D...0-1-ND&itemSeq=86861284&uq=634114087934024494

Is this enough for a 8"x20"x26" cabinet? Can someone recommend a driver for these as well? Thanks!

Yep, Digikey is usually the cheaper distributor for them, both in Europe an the US/Canada.

But there is a better option, me :dance013: I buy reels of those LEDs ta the industrial level, so I can get them very cheap (not as cheap as digikey, of course) and resell them charging a minimun profit margin, so the end price is way cheaper. For example, for the coolwhites (LUW-W5AM), I have the bin LX (112-130lm#350mA) and Im selling it for 3.5€ from the first unit, and Ive been selling the KZ bin for 2.3€, about 1/3 of Digikey, and less than half still if you get 100 there

Same for blues, although I carry deep blue (LD, about 450nm peak) instead of blue (LB,470nm). I carry the 1U bin (450-500mW#350mA) that is a top bin currently, way beter than the range GY-HY on LB, for 3€.

For the reds, I carry the normal GD instead of the Plus, due it cost about half with similar range of bins. For example, I have the JX for 1.3€. The only relevant difference in red between both models is a slightly lower thermal resistance for the Plus and the beam angle (120º for GD, 170º for Plus).

I want to open a ebay shop soon so people dont have to contact me by PM and so. Im going to receive a batch of high efficiency 660nm high power LEDs next week and I think many people is going to be interested, at its not avalaible anywhere, so I need a way to do things faster and easier (until now, I prefered direct contact trying to ensure people know what they are getting and how to use and mount it, looking for feedback from them: its my way of testing things before releasing a comercial lamp)

knna

Im on other forums with same nick, that allows to send/receive PM since you register, as The Garden's Cure or Greenpinelane.

Too on my local forum, cannabiscafe.net, a spanish forum (but I believe you can select english as lenguaje, at least for menus and so, obviously for threads you will need a translator; but I can read a message in english aswell there as here). Im knnabinoide there.

aminem

please can i have one question ? how many lumens do your LEDs have? and can you post some link with their specific info?

Siddartha

Just thought I'd post up, been reading and getting my LED-Fu down tight and this is one of the threads that inspired me!!! Thanks to TS and thanks many times to Knna!!

g'day

i apologize for necroing this thread, bit is knna still active, or is there a way to contact him?
i don't have enough posts to send him a PM...

thanks

T

trem0lo

g'day

i apologize for necroing this thread, bit is knna still active, or is there a way to contact him?
i don't have enough posts to send him a PM...

thanks

knna hasn't been heard from in quite some time. i expect he's moved on to other things and certainly wish him the best.

great history in this thread, this was the grow that inspired me to build my own light/PC box.

redpill

very inspiring....im hoping i can do this with some cheap chinese leds....doing 3w leds and will underdrive them....has anyone replicated this with similar results and any variation in growth media?