What's new

1512W LED Perpetual Medical Harvest (Aeroponics)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very interesting about the inverse square law and LED's - your post makes good sense to me sx - thanks

V.

D

dongle69

A LED is a pseudo point source close to the lens, but mimics a true point source light farther out.
OK, so they are not a point source light.
That would explain why LEDGirl's test numbers stray from the inverse square law.
...since the lamp technically has 126 individual sources of light in six clusters of 21....
That is cool.
I didn't see that info on your web site.

Pretty sneaky for LEDGirl to pretend she doesn't know who you are...

Last edited:
Yes, while LED lighting is much more efficient watt for watt at growing plants, it still requires close to the same amount of wattage as a HID in order to cover the same amount of area. Respectable gardeners use a 1000W HID in an area of 4' x 4' or smaller, although it can be used to light a 8' x 8' area according to most MFR's. So while it takes 2 x 318W to cover 4' x 4', you will get far more production out of that area than you will your 1000W HID. As per the power consumption, the 318W uses 318W including fans, and it includes 318pcs 1W LED's. We have put our units on a power meter and they draw the exact wattage of all the LED's combined.
Either your lights are operating at better than 100% electrical efficiency (impossible) or the manufacturer of your LEDs has not stated the output or power use correctly especially when you factor in the power used by the fans and the LED driver.

Seriously, I love having you around to fill in the gaps SX, and I still have no clue who you are lol! Thank you by the way! Your knowledge is much appreciated.

Here's a link to our new site if you wanted to see it, which will be completely up and running tomorrow: http://www.hydrogrowled.com
Nice website.

Have you seen the spectrum chart from Greenpinelane shown below?
It shows more of the plants life processes and that there are more wavelengths used than most people think.

Can you show a spectrum chart that your lights produce?

Attachments

• light spectrum chart from greenpinelanes.bmp
    136 KB · Views: 53

LEDGirl

Veteran
Phycoerythrin and Phycocyanin, are two compounds found in algae (not marijuana). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phycocyanin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phycoerythrin

So yes, that graph does contain more processes, but not for MJ. someone pointed that out to me a long time ago ;)

As far as the power consumption is concerned, our LED's operate at 700mA to my knowledge, yet our units draw 1.0 amps. I know our power supplies are certainly not 100% efficient, therefore if they are 90% efficient, our 126 x 1W LED's would emit about 113W, with the remainder being used by the fans. So no, our units are not operating at better than 100% efficiency. To me, this speaks volumes for the amount of light that is being produced and what it is capable of.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I really want one of this lights but was wondering how much is the power bill each month??
and whats the ideal plant number under each of this lights?? thank you

Well it looks like leds are more powerful than I thought great pics ledgirl nice report. Really kinda sums things up. But it looks like you have tons of led coverage witch requires alot of space and not up to stealth standards in my book. Shit atleast if my neighbor peeked through my window he would think theres a dam disco going on instead of a grow just kidding keep up the work of led research peace

LEDGro

For those wondering, most sold state LED drivers operate at 90-95% efficiency if they are decent. So there should no be much loss although I still am unsure how 318 1W LED's and fans would draw less then about 350W.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I really want one of this lights but was wondering how much is the power bill each month??
and whats the ideal plant number under each of this lights?? thank you

According to the US Department of Energy, the average cost per kwH is about 10.7 cents. The 126W draws 126W, so running it 12 hours, would be 1512W per day, or 1.512kwh, or 45.36kwH per month. The cost would be about $4.85 for electricity per month.

nnep

I understand how frustrated a lot of people are making you, actually i'm sure thats an understatement. I would probably of taken down my grow log by now because i'd be so annoyed. However you answering questions increasingly in a very agressive tone doesn't really do anything for your business, it paints a very unprofessional picture. Just ignore the people trying to slam your product, if the results are there then they'll be there and everyone will be happy. The harsh critics will still nitpick even if your lights grow the best bud in the world, that's something all companies/brands/etc have to deal with, competition and disbelief. Not everyone is going to agree with your claims, but the best you can do it is keep on doing what you do.

It's amazing that you're providing all this data to counter every counter-claim, but in my opinion it's making you look just as childish as everyone flaming your lights. What i'm basically saying is there is a reason CEOs and execs from microsoft don't troll message boards arguing with their costumers.

With that said i definitely respect what you're doing for the culture, but relax a little bit and enjoy the ride!

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
According to the US Department of Energy, the average cost per kwH is about 10.7 cents. The 126W draws 126W, so running it 12 hours, would be 1512W per day, or 1.512kwh, or 45.36kwH per month. The cost would be about $4.85 for electricity per month.

your kidding me??? 4.85!!!!!! thats ridiculous can you also veg under this with good results??? these leds = 400w mh or hps???? wow I need to get me some of this lights!!!! I grow 2-4 plants per 1000w hps with amazing results... but i moved to a new place and i didn't want to buy an extra air conditioner so LEDS came to mind... what would be the right amounts of plants this thing can finish up??? thank you LEDGirl nice photos btw keep it real:dueling:

C

CannaCompulsory

Photo0331EE.jpg

Just in case you suck at...

Anything close to 1 gram is really great..close to 2 is amazing, I would be interested to know the dry gram per watt though :)

Also a clearer pic here would have been AWESOME! The closet to the right of the plant is in focus, not the plant. Probably because they where trying to get too close to the plant for detail and the cam focused on the hydrogen peroxide etc in the closet :( ...
Im defintily going to get one of those penetrators soon to add to my cab, cause it looks like it kicks ass and grows MAD amounts of vegetation!
Grow On!

So what happened to my post, it was stating factual information with a legitimate question, it was not a troll or flame post as I stated yet it has been deleted? :noway:

Edit:
Rant at LEDgirl deleted as it was a mod that deleted my post instead of moving it and posting a link with explanation as is usually done on forums to avoid this sort of thing happening.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I think LED girl was quite nice and explained everything on the dot so maybe she already answered your question bud... all i know is she said the light bill of one of this lights is 5 bucks a month sold!

Strains

ill take a slice of that ;) i do like smileys though :D

The original reason i came in : Since i cant get my eyes offa your plants, i want to ask if you got any new pics of the progress of your babies :watchplant: perhaps even some dried fruit :D
ill be in the back lurking :lurk:
-Strains :smokeit:

Last edited:

LEDGirl

Veteran
your kidding me??? 4.85!!!!!! thats ridiculous can you also veg under this with good results??? these leds = 400w mh or hps???? wow I need to get me some of this lights!!!! I grow 2-4 plants per 1000w hps with amazing results... but i moved to a new place and i didn't want to buy an extra air conditioner so LEDS came to mind... what would be the right amounts of plants this thing can finish up??? thank you LEDGirl nice photos btw keep it real:dueling:

These lights work fantastic for veg. If you want to see a demonstration, go to our forum and look at the 126W vs 180W competition hosted by IrishBoy. Anyhow, depending on how your garden is arranged, I would use 3 x 126W units to replace a 1000W light, but if you need to fill a 4' x 4' area, using 4 panels would give you the most even spread of intensity.