What's new

Molokai Frost

The Iceman

I got a request for some pictures I took of this strain when I grew it...these are the original seeds that HighHawyn made... long, long flowering on this one and a little tough inside but I did my best for a first run with it...this is one "crazy ass sativa"

8962IMGP2022.JPG

8962IMGP2028.JPG

8962IMGP2032.JPG

8962IMGP2034.JPG

8962IMGP2073.JPG

8962IMGP2078.JPG

8962IMGP2079.JPG

8962IMGP2134.JPG

8962IMGP2226.JPG

8962IMGP2227.JPG

D

Dalaihempy

hiya iceman of all the frost pics i have seen to date your are by far the best great yields to for indoors to by the looks.

Can i ask what the taste of the smoke is like and hows did you find the affect of her.

Babombeez

nice yield, eh? whoa! those are some big buds, I've heard good things about the
yield of Molokai Frost.

What's the flavor like?

Great job!

Beez

G

Great work!
Looks like something i would like to smoke and grow :)
also interested in smell or taste?

cannigrow

Sweet, thanks man. I've had mota's MF vegging for a while now, but I think they might be male. I guess Mota made seeds of the hawaiian heirloom (to some people's dismay), and tried to reduce the flowering time but I think it would still go a lonng time. It's good that he preserved it though. Either way I gifted some of the seeds to another friend who loves sativas, so he'll probably have a better place in his heart for her. I haven't brought myself to get rid of her yet, but I doubt I'll have time/place to flower her anytime soon.

how is the taste? is it big?

N

Neptune

where does this Frost come from? Seedbank or otherwise?

I have spent many weeks on the island myself, and the herb was always super "crazy ass sativa" effect. Everything was called "Molokai Frost" however, unless it was import genes, which a lot of hawaiian genetics are now adays. Many folks have crossed and crossed the hell out of the "molokais" and "maui wowies"

nice buds man, looks like the island kind

D

Dalaihempy

Neptune said:
where does this Frost come from? Seedbank or otherwise?

I have spent many weeks on the island myself, and the herb was always super "crazy ass sativa" effect. Everything was called "Molokai Frost" however, unless it was import genes, which a lot of hawaiian genetics are now adays. Many folks have crossed and crossed the hell out of the "molokais" and "maui wowies"

nice buds man, looks like the island kind

Hi Neptune the MFcame from the iland i will let others chime in on this as im not sure what should be sed and what should not.

As for hawian lines yes lots of what some call elites have made there way there as have other lines from urope but they have a lot of there own lines wich a lot of the ilanders that did try out side lines are now going back to there lines agine that they had stopet growing to try the other lines some of the things called elites may be in some of there gardens still but they have many strains that are hawian growing some times you realy dont know what you have untill you try some other things.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
one of my favorite strains.

I never heard of this mota character knocking them off though.

I only have 3 pure seeds left. I pray they are two awesome females and one awesome male. lol.

I got some crossed to hawaiian sativa too though

ibtokin

that molokai frost is lookin gorgeous! those are freakin huge sativa flowers!

how does she taste? most hawaiian ive tried was very tropically floral.

theres still some good bud in hawaii, but none of it is indoor. all the indoor i saw was nasty lookin beasters. the outdoor was gorgeous frosty, tasty colorful sativa with absolutely no body to it.

Molokai Frost was brought to our attention by DaHighHawyn waaaaaay back at OG. It is a very special gem and DHH is sorely missed. Great pictures Iceman, thanks for sharing.

Stoned regards,
cvs

I disagree with you tokin, there is plenty of stellar Hawaain indoor nugs if you know where to look. Have a nice day all, stoned regards, cvs

Last edited:

The Iceman

Dalaihempy- wow man huge compliment..thanks! All the frost phenos had a strong floral flavor/smell with different phenos expressing varying undertones...one had like a bannana undertone and another a spicey incense undertone. Its been a few years and many grows since I did the frost so I forget some details on some phenos.

Beez- yea that one pheno yielded good but they were also fluffy as hell so it looks alot more then it is...the old saying "objects in mirror appear closer" kind of thing...lol...the other phenos were actually small yielders...for taste see above

neilspotshop- thanks alot man! also see above for taste

cannigrow- I gotta be honest with ya...if you asked me to grow thoses out again I'd refuse...just to much space, time, and energy involved....I still have 4 seeds left from HighHywayn myself...Did Mota make seeds without HighHawyn"s blessing? If so, thats extremely LAME and really a loser thing to pull on somebody...

Neptune- the beans came from HighHawyn via usps a few years ago...yea man definitely a crazy ass sativa with a killer unique high...that said IMHO that doesnt outweigh the time/space issue but somebody out there might love it inside

ibtokin

cavalleysmoker - i never actually had ANY indoor in hawaii. the outdoor kauai electric and kona gold i was getting in oahu were way better quality than the indoor i did see a few times so i passed on it.
trust me outdoor in hawaii is MUCH harder to come by because of the limited growing space and camp. you will not get to the good outdoor without knowing someone.

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
you guys asked what it smelled like. its got a slight menthol undertone to it, but its mostly smells like a hawaiian bubblegum. floral and fruity but a very bubblegummy smell. its also has the odd trait that once the weed is dry it tastes incredible. no cure time needed. you know how with most weed they taste like grass clippings and ass for a few weeks? not this one. delicious once its dry and is also probably the softest smoking strain I've ever had. can take massive rips without even feeling it. (the smoke, not the stone of course)

G

Wow, the MF looks absolutely fantastic and the yield looks amazing. I have MF x Strawberry Web (strawberry pheno of Hawaiian Webbed Indica) beans, two batches, each with a different MF pheno as mother, having seen thiswonderful MF grow, have to give the hybrid i have a try.

G

Hey everybody:

Thought I'd pop in here with some comments regarding the Frost, elites and the overall status of genetics, that we (DA HUI) currently possess.

Bruddah HighHawyn! originally acquired beans from a multi-generational growing family on Molokai several years back, grew them out, acquired one pheno he really liked (and still has to this day in clone form), as well made beans from the original. There are several bean "batches" floating around, some more stable than others. The Frost name was created by HH - it is NOT what the family possessing the original strain on Molokai calls it. Regarding stability of the beans, as with any tropical sativa you have a wide range of phenotypic expressions, some more hermie prone than others. Please refer to soul_retriever's "The Molokai Frost Project" thread in Planet Ganja for prolly the most extensive and analytic grow logging done to date on the Frost. As a "full circle" aside, I have 3 keikis right now in veg of soul's "sat pheno" beans in a trial run to ascertain vigor, bud quality and lack of hermies.

With regard to non-island elite strains, in this day of web-based genetics access and due to the generosity of the likes of thedocta, katsu bluebird, etc., we've been privileged to have run in both seed and clone form strains such as Albert Walker, Schrom, Spindle, Bubba Kush's (of all types: Ghost's S1's, Peyote Buttons Pheno, Green Pheno, BX4's, BX1's), OG Kush's, the list goes on.

Some go good, some not so good. It all basically comes down to how you grow, where you grow and then seeing if the strain likes you or not. There is no one cure all, nor a "Holy Grail" strain. They all serve a purpose to us in their performance in a given venue and during a particular time of year (outdoors).

Nuff said for now...hope this gives a little background to y'all.

Aloha,

CK2

p.s. - pics are from the end of Long Season 2006. Top is Green Pheno Bubba Kush and Bottom is Albert Walker...both plants cloned by HH, the Walker compliments of thedocta and the BK from Katsu (I think)...

Last edited:
G

Hey BH:

Just noticed your post and decided to throw up a pic from last year showing what might be in store for you...also, FYI the Strawberry Web and HWI are 2 different strains - I know there's a lot of confusion on this, is why I commented on it...HWI came out of Puna on the Big Island, while the Strawberry Web (in that cross you speak of) came off the eastside of Maui...

Aloha,

CK2

Last edited:

The Iceman

cavalley- please dont shit this thread with lame insults or whatever...keep that shit to PM if at all...thanks

Burdock

Mota's Molokai frost came from DHH via breeder Pacific. Pacific gave him the shorter flowering of the 2 and most testers have givin a thumbs up. Mota has agreed to give these away,that was DHH's wishes.