What's new

Trichome Ripeness Chart......

guineapig

Veteran
hello friends guineapig here....

Here is a chart which will hopefully help out when you are trying to determine when a trichome has turned from clear to cloudy to amber....

With this chart and a photographer's loupe (or pocket microscope), you should be better prepared to understand the cycle of trichome maturation....

(i'll try to enlarge it if there are any image issues....hope it helps....)

-kind regards from a trichome technologist,
the illustrious guineapig :wave:

Hey Guinea my Brutha its seems to be a lil too small. Can't make out the words. I already know when mine are ready but some may be scratching their head. Matter of fact mine won't turn Amber soon enough! Dammit Ripen would ya!

~GB~

HawaiianGrown

as Mr. Burns would say....

as Mr. Burns would say....

Excellent.

Everyone needs to drop ten dollars on an illuminted pocket microscope from radioshack. It pays for itself after one harvest with the perfect trich ripeness.

Aloha

guineapig

Veteran
ambre to the rescue of the image-impaired guineapig....thank you for the resize....

yes i bought one of those pocket scopes to look at my gemstones but then i adapted it for determining trichome ripeness......i think the chart is helpful all in all....-gp out

Good info..perhaps a sticky.

I have the radioshack scope but I don't like it...I am in the process of getting a 30xloupe instead. The you have to basically smash the radioshack scope on the bud or take a snippet of the bud for the scope to work and then you have to have an extrememly steady hand. I have a really bad back so stooping over ans trying to keep a steady hand can be really frusterating for me.

G

I have the small 9.99 radio shack microscope and a 30x loupe. The loupe leaves alot to be desired if you really like to explore your Trich's, You can tell if they are cloudy or amber, but I like to look through and see the thickness of the cloudiness or amber color.

I think I will add the above to my list also, Does it get in pretty close? I use the 60x on the radio shack scope and it does well.

G

I use a 30x loupe to determine sex

I use a 30x loupe to determine sex

but to really see the color shape and texture of individual trichs, 50 x is perfect. I prefer a fixed focus model. tThe focal point is just to the tip of the lens guard so youjust brush along the surface..

G

It's No Surprise...

It's No Surprise...

...that I come here looking for a trichome development chart...and immediately find my illustrious friend guineapig has already addressed my needs. Thank you once again, my happy furry friend!

And props to cyburnt, for posting that link to the 50x microscope...I'm ready to chuck that Radio Shack one, as attempting to use it has more than tested my serenity!

Looks like a wonderful forum here...and for that, I am surely one blessed Momma. My only dilemma? Which forum to go to next. So wander I must...it's time to see just how much learning this old noggin' can hold.

A hearty hello to all...and to all, a big bowl!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I enjoy harvesting with the type of weed and high im looking for. If im looking for an indica for nite time use then i let it run out a bit long and go for the amber trichs as this is the purpose of the medicine. Then if im looking for a day time smoke like a haze or other sativa such as schrom i let it just run till nice milky trichs so I do get the up high but enjoy all the plant has to offer :) Nice chart great thread to start a discussion :)

G

I have a question.

My *ESCD's are late in flower / one of my lower buds had it's stem all but broken off very early in flower - I just left it hanging / now that the plants are almost finished / the bud that was 'stressed' has very cloudy THCm's' yet the rest of the plant has a bit to go.

So my question; does stressing somehow release THC production sooner?

*BB your outdoor ESCD looked great

Last edited:

Jenna

Thanks 1toke! hope you had a great turkey day!

Is that a pure Sativa? I guess I am just lookin for a measure for a sativa.. the wakefords were probably my most sativa grow to date and they didn't get to that "iodine, ohmygawd look at that colour" stage that some of the indica doms we have grown out. They went 97 days in flower so maybe I shouda held off? haze x ak47 went 100 days and didn't develop the amber trichs.. well, maybe a few but not many more.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Great pics and this is the best thread ive seen to show ppl the score in terms of what ur looking of at what to stage, and what time to harvest toacheive what kind of high..... Nice going.....

Latest posts

Latest posts