What's new

Name your LOW ODOR strains...

1drygramperwatt

I know most people prefer really fragrant smelling flowers to smoke. However, when it comes to what smell an individual prefers their herb to put off as a grower, some, if not many; choose low odor strains for security reasons.

I've been searching for some time now on the net at various vendor websites and icmag, of course, and have found the most reliable low odor strains are of the Northern Lights variety - more specifically NL#5 and NL crosses.

Growing pot that doesn't stink so good has many advantages. Sure, you love smoking dank smelling nuggs - but do you want to grow it? Even with multiple activated carbon filters there can still be a slight odor. When you couple a low odor strain(s) with odor control you are doubling your safety in that department per se.

ANYWAY - Everyone list your fave LOW ODOR strain(s)! Try to include flowering times and any other descriptions you might have - namely the title of the seed bank/vendor. Later everyone. :smoker:

D

dongle69

Howz about BOG's Bogglegum?
NL5 cross, low odor, quick flower time....

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

i grow big blue which has low odor, high potency

8 week flowering

britich columbia seed comapny it sthe puplre one in the pic

Last edited:
serious seeds -chronic 63 days flowering . dutch passion seeds- oasis 63 days . grapefruit. nirvana seeds - northern lights x big bud 50-60days. Dutch passion seeds - Mazar 56 days... But to be honest theres many more.. Just pick one you want to grow just avoid most skunk strains. fruity strains are probz the best.. But it can vary because someones grown ak 47 with no smell at all and its meant to stink so its just luck and i think theat each plant is different, even the same phenos,strains etc. no plant can be the exact same... but just go with northern lights ,, thats the best and most popular for low odour strains,, just because it dont smell dat much it dont mean its a weak and odourless smoke.. because as soon as you dry them youll get a nice smell...

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
My Nirvana NLxBigBud is pretty low odor. And the odor it does give off isn't unpleasant like a skunky strain.

Kinderfeld

Don't go for just low odor try floral/fruit odors as well. Some Sativas can be very floral smelling almost like popouri.

Grapefruit, c99, Sweet tooth, Cali-o. DJ's Blueberry and Nirvanas Papaya isn't too bad a little stinkier. . Northern lights is also good.

Personally though I'd go with Serious seeds Bubblegum as it is the best all-round plant and only drawback is they are a bit expensive but what you get is a very stable strain with a real short flower, above average yield, low odor, more than decently potent, kick ass tasting/smelling and great bag appeal.

https://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=23&products_id=339

The price is well worth it, you won't be disappointed!

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong when I say this but... if your going to grow commercially and are going to put time, money, selection into buying seeds of "low odor", why not buy something you would want in YOUR bag, and just invest a bit into a charcoal system or even the other crazy products for smell.

I mean, your already risking something growing I assume your trying to be stealth with low odor, just invest in something that will take care of ALL smells, and grow that dank percy glory hallelujah praise jah sensimellia
"D<]~~

clowntown

Veteran
So far, just about every strain... to me. :(

I dunno, I guess it's the constant smoking and living in an apartment filled with weed smoke all the time, but my nose is fairly desensitized now especially to the smell of marijuana.

It really does suck. :badday:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mandala must have lots of low oder genetics. The 4 Safari Mix that I have in flower are very low oder and only smell if you mess with them. I can run without the scrubber and you cannot smell them.

P

PermaBuzz

Jack the Ripper - low odor, smells lemony/candyish. great smoke too.

Latest posts

Latest posts