What's new

co2 and perpetual flower?

icdog

I heard that co2 isn't good for the last 2 weeks of flower, if thats true does it effect the plants much if your running perpetual?

G

And most research I've done says that CO2 is best used during the vegetative cycle and up to and including just the first 2 weeks of flower... I just use a lot of fresh air and generally average over a lb per 1k. Please post if you find out.

G

Thats patently untrue and just another unfounded rumor,do a google check if unsure.I have aperpetual grow have for years and use co2 always,keep those temps up around 85.The best time for co2 is definately during the flower stage,its needed in veg like a hole in the noggin.

G

globel said:
why do the temps need to be so high with co2. will i be ok with lower temps?
The extra CO2 is generally used when the temps are higher...

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
The whole deal with higher temps and CO2 is that the higher temps allow the plant to have a faster metabolism - the elevated CO2 fuels this process (along with higher nute levels and higher light levels).

Higher temps without CO2 just causes heat stress since the rest of the system can't keep up with it. That's why it's smart to dial in your grow before adding CO2 - because if the rest of the setup can't take advantage of it, you'll be wasting the effects.

I noticed dramatic changes going from 75f to 90f when using CO2...I'll never run at less than 80 again.

icdog

I've tried a bit of co2 during veg and the difference is huge in 1 day so I'd say it works good in veg.

bloodrun99

I was wondering about a perpetual cycle and co2. I hear the co2 levels should be raised a little a week during the flower stage to a peak at 15-1600ppm. But if bringing in newbee's every 15 days or so... what should one do? run an average? will a plant shock when introduced into 1500ppm straight away? TIA

I just set up a aero\nft perpetual system. I'm running at 85 Degrees, 1500ppm, shooting for harvests every 21 days. I'll let you know how it goes but all the research I've done says nothing about raising, lowering, or adjusting the co2 in flowering in any way. Just a straight up 1200-1500ppm @ approx 85 degrees when lights are on.

Gluck

S

sparkjumper

Haha I remember this thread I'm in it,I miss the sandman he was a smart fucker.Go directly to 1500PPM my flower room stays there.Its true the excess co2 wont be benefitting the plants too much the last couple weeks,but it sure doesnt adversely affect them either.Staging your PPM's is about as effective as staging your flowering cycle,another words its useless.Go straight to 12/12 and 1500 PPM's and you're good to go.Its true what the sandman says about the higher temps too,but you must have everything else in order also.I fudged at flowering at 85 F at the canopy I just didnt feel good about it.That was a mistake and just wasted time as my yield and product improved vastly when I did.The most important thing about co2 enrichment is if not on a controller you're not going to get the results you want.I used a "cyclestat" timer for quite awhile with my propane generator before I wised up and got a controller.These formula's based on room size dont take any other factors into account like number of plants,their size and stage of growth or anything but room size for that matter.I didnt get real results until I put that puppy on a controller and it didnt fluctuate more than a couple hundred PPM from that 1500 PPM for 12 hours straight

Simply put...

You can either keep a constant 1500ppm in your flowering room for a perpetual grow.... The plants nearing harvest in your perpetual system wont be taking advantage of the CO2 supplementation but the others in your room will be...... (ie. you're not harming your batch harvesting in two weeks by offering them co2 they are not using, so you are not wasting anything. The co2 would be running in there anyways for the plants flowering behind that batch....)

or...

You can waste a TON of money by building a second flowering area to allow you to relocate any plants nearing harvest in your perpetual system to go without CO2. Absolutely pointless.

Hope that made sense....

Good luck

bloodrun99

Wow, thx for such fast responses!! being my first post i thought it would take awhile.
sparkjumper , man thx for that extra info about controller. it's a big bite but that was what i was thinking would be best. u too Schizophrenic. very helpful. gl...

S

sparkjumper

I bought some RAE systems co2 cartridge testers for 5 bucks apiece and couldnt believe my PPM readings at different times of the day,it was way off.According to the formula I should have been at 1500PPM but I found myself all over the place at different times of day.With the controller I set it to 1500PPM and it fluctuates from 1450PPM to about 1600PPM and always stays within that range which is totally necessary for any positive results

What about adventitious leaf growth in flowering with high CO2 levels?

I've had a few strains seem to have a bit more adventitious leaf growth in flowering, but never really tested to make sure, and it could have been other issues, so I'm left wondering.

Anybody have a working hypothesis on this (up to and including that I'm imagining things)?

swordfish

And most research I've done says that CO2 is best used during the vegetative cycle and up to and including just the first 2 weeks of flower... I just use a lot of fresh air and generally average over a lb per 1k. Please post if you find out.

no offence bro but 1lb per 1k is garbage, i can get 2.6 per 1k and i use co2 all the way until last two weeks. What happens is that if i keep the co2 going my pots get dry to fast and its hard to keep up waterting

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
no offence bro but 1lb per 1k is garbage, i can get 2.6 per 1k and i use co2 all the way until last two weeks. What happens is that if i keep the co2 going my pots get dry to fast and its hard to keep up waterting
2.6 per 1000k? i call bullshit on that one sorry never gone over 1.75 off a 1000 and that was pushing it... i mean you could grow a MONSTER TREE and easily reap 2-3 lbs but hes talking perpetual flower, so i would assume hes trying to bust out smaller plants quicker... get my drift? 1lb per 1k is awesome dude good work... i dont use co2 either, just plenty of fresh air luckly where i live ppm outside is 600-700

swordfish

I was wondering about a perpetual cycle and co2. I hear the co2 levels should be raised a little a week during the flower stage to a peak at 15-1600ppm. But if bringing in newbee's every 15 days or so... what should one do? run an average? will a plant shock when introduced into 1500ppm straight away? TIA

increase your c02 with your ppms stop at 1500

swordfish

2.6 per 1000k? i call bullshit on that one sorry never gone over 1.75 off a 1000 and that was pushing it... i mean you could grow a MONSTER TREE and easily reap 2-3 lbs but hes talking perpetual flower, so i would assume hes trying to bust out smaller plants quicker... get my drift? 1lb per 1k is awesome dude good work... i dont use co2 either, just plenty of fresh air luckly where i live ppm outside is 600-700

no lie bro sealed room 6k watts 9 plants per light in promix 5 gal pots advanced nutirents 5 ton ac. Plants are vegged for three weeks under 1k watt hps. I know it sounds high but i average 2+ every time. and i consider perpetual beacuse i veg three weeks in my other room as im finishing flower. ecsd clone and snow dog. if your telling him fresh air then your not in a sealed room. Only way to get 2+ per light is in a sealed room controlled enviorment high co2 perfect humidiy and temp.

badmf

Before this gets into another pi$$ing contest, you should know each person is running a different strain. Some are awesome producers and some not so. Take this into account before commenting on how well or poorly someone elses grow is doin', jmtc

Latest posts

Latest posts