What's new

Phosphoload The Answer To Superbeud!!!!

budstud

I have used phosphoload (formerly SuperBud) for a couple years. There is no doubt that yield is greatly enhanced, at least 30 percent in my trials) People complain of the price but when you conceder the gains it really turns out to be the most cost effective supplement on the market, if your yield goes from 10lbs to 13lbs what’s $50 worth of phosphoload?

Has anybody used phosphoload as a foyer spray? I would like to try it on a few plants in a hydro system without applying to all of the system.

i haven seen anyone really using this in soil, how would you water it in? would you just water with it for a week? or water with it once?

Grendelkhan

Not sure if anyone cares but they stopped making Phosphoload about 4 weeks ago. However I just found out today that someone up in the great white north is now carrying it. So for all of you load users, which includes myself, know that our beloved product isn't gone but just coming back under new owners. Hopefully you didn't rush out and buy a bunch at crazy prices.
Peace.
GKhan.

Standaman

Well i have just been given some of this Superbud the bottle is similar to the previous picture but its called Superbud reborn can't see any of the nasty ingredients though.

The person who i got it off did say to only use 1/2-1ml per Litre of water and do NOT use it in soil as traces will remain in the soil for the rest of the grow oh and after the 2 weeks to flush the system through twice with PH'd water before going back to my original feeding schedule.

Anyone know anything more on this? It's been allowed to be sold in the UK since Feb 09

Standaman

Paclobutrazol? Not that i can see unless they just ain't stating it.
Neither is there any trace of coal-tar but it does say Boron but then it hasn't been proven that its dangerous.

When i go downstairs i will post what the label says as i am not qualified enough to say what's good and what ain't

Standaman

Gunnaknow that's made me laugh! I don't see any on the label so i'm guessing it's not in there.

Definitely in there are they? Well if that's the case then i can't see how after being pulled from sale Dutch Hydro can sell it and keep it from us and trading standards and/or environmental health.

I don't know if you have Superbud or not but if it's the picture on ebay your getting your theory from then you can't "definitely" say that it does have Paclobutrazol etc in the product.

I hope it don't as it's not on really but any info i get on it i will post on here of course

Seed Buyer

I have a case of Phosphoload I was going to use but have since changed my nute program. Any one interested in a case on the cheap? Send me a pm if you like.

gunnaknow

Gunnaknow that's made me laugh! I don't see any on the label so i'm guessing it's not in there.

If that's what helps you sleep at night then don't let me stop you. Ignorance is bliss.

Definitely in there are they? Well if that's the case then i can't see how after being pulled from sale Dutch Hydro can sell it and keep it from us and trading standards and/or environmental health.

Why on earth not? The cannabis nutrient industry is one of the least regulated industries. However, it is probably down to changes in regulations of some kind that allows them to sell it again, atleast in the UK. Or having registered it for a different purpose than before. Who knows? All I know is that if it does the exact same thing as the original superbud then there is nothing else it could be other than PGRs.

gunnaknow

Lofty and Nifty -
Another major factor to consider is that paclobutrazol and other triazole PGRs are unique in that they become fixed in the plant tissues after application. This implies that the chemical does not migrate to new growth. New growth in our case = buds and sugar leaves.

Hi Country, do you have any references that show that triazoles become fixed in the tissues after application? Studies show that triazoles like paclo and uniconazole are transported primarily up the xylem but also the phloem, so they do translocate to other tissues but what happens to them when they get there is another thing. I'd be interested to know you're sources. Thanks.

TRANSLOCATION AND EFFICACY OF
APPLICATION METHODS

Triazoles are primarily believed to be transported acropetally in the
xylem (Davis et al. 1988). However, recent findings show that PBZ is not
exclusively xylem mobile as previously believed. In some plants (e.g.
Pistachio chinensis Bunge, Ricinus communis L.), PBZ has been
detected both in xylem and phloem sap (Witchard 1997a,b), indicating
that xylem is not the only route for translocation of triazoles (Browning
et al. 1992; Hamid and Williams 1997). Results obtained with Ricinus,
where PBZ was introduced through the hollow petioles, raise the pos-
sibility of introducing PBZ into the plant in a different way so that it is
transported by both xylem and phloem, thus optimizing its effectiveness
(Witchard 1997b).

The metabolic fate of applied triazoles has not been studied thor-
oughly, though most have a high chemical stability (Jung et al. 1986) and
thus tend to be catabolized by plants at a very slow rate (Davis and Curry
1991). It has been suggested that a strong correlation may exist between
persistence of a triazole and its efficacy as a PGR (Reed et al. 1989). Two
of the most active triazoles, PBZ and UNI, are comparatively resistant
to degradation (Sterrett 1988) and this may limit their widespread use
on food crops.

A simple and efficient application method, capable of yielding con-
sistent results, is a top priority in the commercial success of a growth
regulator. Triazoles provide effective size control on many ornamental
crops. However, when growers began to use these chemicals, many
encountered difficulties in obtaining uniform marketable size. This was
due partly to the high activity of the chemical and partly to the lack of
an appropriate application procedure.

In commercial practice, spray applications are often the method of
choice, but can result in nonuniform plant size if suitable coverage is not
obtained (Barrett and Nell 1990; Barrett et al. 1994a,b). It was observed
that PBZ was more active when applied to the growing media and taken
up through the roots (Davis et al. 1988) than when applied to leaves only.
High spray volumes, which result in more thorough coverage of plant
stems and a greater amount of solution entering the medium, increased
the efficacy of PBZ (Barrett and Nell 1990).

Barrett et al. (1994a) compared drench* and spike application of
paclobutrazol for height control of potted floriculture crops. PBZ
drenches and spikes were effective for all crops tested, with a similar
concentration response for all, except that drenches had greater efficacy
than spikes on caladium that had the most rapid development rate. Both
drench and spike applications were also found suitable for controlling
growth of tulips (Deneke and Keever 1992). Bailey (1989) demonstrated
that UNI efficacy on chrysanthemum and poinsettia is not affected by
spray carrier volume when concentration was varied to give the same
active ingredient per plant. On the other hand, Gilbertz (1992) reported
that PBZ and UNI had greater efficacy if applied soon after pinching,
when there would be less leaf coverage on the medium. Barrett et al.
(1994b) conducted experiments to determine effects of application site
and spray volume on UNI efficacy. UNI applied only to mature leaves
was less effective than were stem applications, whole-plant sprays, or
medium drenches. The effect of UNI spray volume was also greater
when the medium was not covered. These results indicate that the effi-
cacy of UNI increased with increased stem coverage and with amount
of chemical reaching the medium, which was achieved with high spray
volumes. These findings are consistent with the view that UNI is also
primarily transported via the xylem and does not move out of leaves via
the phloem (Davis et al. 1988).

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...slocation&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Standaman

Nah i am obviously concerned and i won't use until i can find out more. I got it for nothing so i might just sell it on.

Nice one for the response though.

Country Mon

Hey there...

I'll have to dig into my old research, I have it somewhere. I'm certain that's what it said, but I'll find the source.

Country Mon

I don't know if you have Superbud or not but if it's the picture on ebay your getting your theory from then you can't "definitely" say that it does have Paclobutrazol etc in the product.

I hope it don't as it's not on really but any info i get on it i will post on here of course

I think what you are missing, Standaman, is that there are no other substances that come anywhere near paclobutrazol's effectiveness as a gibberellin-inhibiting agent. Nothing even comes anywhere close. Paclobutrazol is the only thing that can affect a plant at 1 ppm. Do some research into plant growth regulators.

People pull labeling crap like this all the time. It amazes me that people think they will get a complete declaration of contents on a label. Look at Hydroguard, who switched the name to Aquashield and eliminated all references to what is in it because of this labeling bullshit.

Just sayin'. The fact that paclobutrazol isn't on the label means exactly nothing.

Country Mon

I'd also like to add that paclobutrazol is a very safe substance. Did you guys look at the MSDS and toxicity studies? If you want to fret about chemicals knock yourself out, but in this case it is pointless.

Not to mention it is used in such tiny amounts that the amount of chemical is negligible. 1 CC of Dr. Node's in a gallon of water makes 1 part per million!

The vegetables and fruits you eat often come from paclobutrazol-treated plants. It's going to be tough to avoid it.

Country Mon

Hi Country, do you have any references that show that triazoles become fixed in the tissues after application? Studies show that triazoles like paclo and uniconazole are transported primarily up the xylem but also the phloem, so they do translocate to other tissues but what happens to them when they get there is another thing. I'd be interested to know you're sources. Thanks.

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...slocation&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Okay, the info I had was from a more recent study than this. This is interesting info, though, nice post.

In my own personal research I can verify the results discussed here: I have found spray applications of 10 ppm and even higher to be minimally effective. I may try higher doses at some point in the future.

I have instead lately concentrated my efforts into finding the lowest effective dose of paclo in a soil drench. 1 ppm is fully effective at fully and immediately stopping stretch, but this dose has much less impact upon other aspects of growth like resin production. I have found doses above 1 ppm tend to lead to these additional unwanted effects.

Of course this may vary by strain treated, but I see no reason to go above 1 ppm.

I am ready to do an updated article regarding paclobutrazol use, as things have come a long way in the 2 or 3 years since my original article. I also have ordered some landrace Thai seeds to work with. I'm currently using a sativa pheno of my Ruby Slipper strain so I can accurately gauge how resin production is affected by paclobutrazol.

CM

gunnaknow

I take it that you can't find the study that you are referring to, Country? I think writing an updated article is a good idea. Have you tried injecting the paclo into the stems with a syringe? I think they sometimes use that technique on trees. I don't know how well it would work on a soft stemmed plant like cannabis though. The depth of injection would need to be very shallow to find the sapwood (xylem layer). It might be a bit too fiddly and delicate an operation on small plants.

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cach...injection&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

snowkitty

Another Phosphoload user chiming in here. It was off the shelves for a while in the first half of 2009 but I have seen it back in stock at my local stores. If anyone knows about reformulation or is using the batch currently on shelves, love to hear from you. My bottles are going on over a year old now and I have plenty left...but it was interesting to note that it was back in stores...

Latest posts

Latest posts