What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who Else...?

783Blaster1

How is everyone else around Aus finding supply at the moment??
Over here in WA i am finding its the driest i have ever seen it.
Myself and several mates haven't been able to get anything for many weeks, ive gone from every day / every second day smoker to being unable to have a smoke in 4 weeks...
just seeing what the rest of Aus is like or any comments from other WA people.

tuco

Sorry to hear you've had a dry holiday.

In Tas, I've been hearing it is dry...but it always was at this time of year.

Sounds like it's time for you to take a trip down to the hydro store then! A dry spell 3 years ago was the tipping point for me to go and purchase my first 400watter.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
yeah ive also heard from mates that things are pretty dry here in WA. Oh well, serves em right for not growing their own :p

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
It has been dry in oz since just b4 christmas last year, thats why we started growing for personal. Got sick of not been able to get a hold of any. And we knew a few sellers too. Heard it was the same over in Adelaide from my Bro. I know Christmas usually has a dry spell anyway, but it usually picks back up after new years. Not this year though...Happy smoking all...

Brushtail

Always the same every year, its dry just before the start of the season around my area anyway :). Best to stay ahead of the market and either become self-sufficient or stock up when times are green.

hope you have better luck soon

b

daemos

Nope i found it plentiful through out last year and this year here in WA, no real dry spells to speak of. Ive seen some pretty shitty sticks with like 9 cones in it though ealier in the year, I dunno how some people get away with selling small sticks.

My "stockist" is soon giving up the game he told me awhile agoe that he was gonna stop after his trip to bali which is comming close and i think he gonna propose to the misses so thats why hes giving it up. So the past couple of months ive been saving for my grow room. Im almost there i qouted 4000 for the whole room not too far off now bring on SEPT.

Kryties

Im near Sydney and ive never seen it this bad here. I whacked a couple of plants under lights a few months ago and im bloody glad I did.

One theory I have heard, from a "horses mouth" so to speak, is that it's all to do with the bikie crap going on at the moment. The bikies have gone underground and are laying as low as they can until things smooth over and because a large percentage of weed in Aus is laundered thru the bikies then the whole country is now seeing a dry spell.

Course, I could be wrong......but it's the most logical theory I have heard thus far........

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mj laws have changed here, any hydro is instant jail, 1 plant limit for OD.

The selling of any bongs or pipes are banned,, $20K fine if found guilty.

Growers have simply shut shop in SA - this I know to be true.

irieeyes808

Hey m8's so is the postal service there really strict as well? You guys ever get any by post from affar? I thought Aussie laws were pretty lax if it was for personal? I was fortunate enough to live in your country for a year and I loved the bush weed as well as hydro. You guys should buy some timers and a 400 or 600 and start out small you will never be out if your growing for personal smoke. Take a flight or road trip over to Nimbin they always have something. Question how are the coppers if you get pulled over and have let's say under an ounce is it a fine?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sucks guys!

Instant jail for hydro!! Didnt know it had gotten that bad?!?

We need to focus on medical marijuana if this country is going to turn back the tide.

Last edited:

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has been dry in oz since just b4 christmas last year, thats why we started growing for personal. Got sick of not been able to get a hold of any. And we knew a few sellers too. Heard it was the same over in Adelaide from my Bro. I know Christmas usually has a dry spell anyway, but it usually picks back up after new years. Not this year though...Happy smoking all...

Absolutely right mellomel,,, things did pick up after new years a little but it didn't bounce back like it has in the past.
Christmas was when the new (smoking apparatus) laws came in, with the new mj laws following soon after.
I think some people are still a bit indecisive atm,, trying to work around these new laws, while others have simply shut shop & moved.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sucks guys!

Instant jail for hydro!! Didnt know it had gotten that bad?!?

We need to focus on medical marijuana if this country is going to turn back the tide.

It sucks big time SS,, what the state gov. have done is to out law all indoor hydro that involves HID lights (not sure about fluros),,, classifying them as commercial grow ops, no excuses,, hence gaol (jail) time.

The LEO are pretty cool when it comes to personal use, but then again it depends on where you are when you get busted. Shit,, even leo know its a victimless crime.

The only good thing that has come of all this is there are more people who will be growing OD now.

Squiggles

i have noticed that most of the smoke im getting at the mo is OD pot
you can grow up to 25 plants od here but after that its intent to sell and supply

havent been done with a hydro kit before but im sure its intent sell and supply regardless 1 plant or more

chime in someone if im wrong as it would be interesting to know what the exact rulling on growing pot is in WA at the moment

Brushtail

The CIN scheme is a step in the right direction, the WA pollies actually made a good move. The problem how i see it is the differentiation between hydroponic and non-hydroponic plants, this creates alot of confusion. For instance if a person grows a plant hydroponically outdoors is this deemed as a "hydro" plant?, or what if a person grew indoors under HID lighting but using a soil medium?.

In WA currently under the CIN scheme its a "ticketable" offence for two non-hydro plants.
b

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
maybe post a link smurf so the peeps have more to go on than "some dude on a forum said that...."

;)

OrganicMeds

Anything grown under lights in WA is considered as Hydro, Wether it's in soil or not!

The stupid thing is if you have 1 or 2 plants outdoors during the summer if you get busted while there growing the punishment's not huge, just fines if your 1st, 2nd offence BUT if you have just harvested those 2 plants and lets say they are hanging to dry......

The police will charge you with the total weight of the plants including the root's and any medium still attached to those roots so you could get a charge of weight in the Kilo's much much more than the 500grm personal limit and you will be charged with DEALING. Then spend $1000's on a good lawyer, try to get you charge to be heard in Perth's drug court and get fines, DRUG COURSES!!!!!!!!!!!! DRUG TESTING!!!!!!!!!!

The system sucks BIG time ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts