What's new

How To Turn Your Bushes Into Cannabis trees!!!??

Hi, this thread is intended for the discussion of methods of turning what would normal be small bushes into the bigest cannabis trees possible.

Please share your experience, tricks, hints and don't does. What strains to use, the mix of compost to grow in, how to arrange them, super croping techniques, automatic feeding systems, ect. Any info is welcome

THC123

Veteran
Well i begin pregrowing the would be trees in february/march indoors under 2* 55w duo fluor

then i transplant the plants to a 6 liter pot(1.5 gal) with weak vegging mix and keep pregrowing them. I keep topping every branch every fifth node untill days get shorter(june 21)

When it is 20th of april i plant my plants in their destination hole.

I just dig a hole in the ground the bigger the better and fill it with vegging mix and the bottom half flowering mix.(minimum 60 liters(15 gal)

For the rest i sometimes top dress the soil with dry organic nutes(dried shit)

Oh yeah and you have to build a cage or she will break

for the rest you don't need to fancy schmancy nutes just stuff from the garden center will work and is cheaper then "canna" nutes

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
vegging bigger inside before it goes out will give you a much bigger plant...

i remember a thread/posts on OG from an african grower ...he had a spot light on his house (or was it from the guy next doors house?)...every night the light came on...morning came...sun came up...so he was vegging the plant 24/7...not that he realised at 1st..

it ended up that he worked out was was going on and his plant wasnt flowering lol...so what did he do?...he keeped it up! his plant vegged until next season where he turned of the spot light and let it flower the 2nd season giving him a HUGE tree..

not possible for everyone...but sure did work for him.HH. =]-~

nomaad

Veteran
vegging bigger will only go so far... i am probably going to get a better yield off a Blue Dream that went in from a 1 Gallon pot (probably 6 lbs in a 200 gallong pot) than a Clueberry that went in maxed out in a 3 gallon and almost 3 feet tall (probably 5lbs in a 200)... I will have better actual data in about 12 days. The Blue Dream still has not been harvested. Anyhow... the point is that in this particular case, strain has more to do with it than the size it was when it went in.

Tom hill's advice and all the big plant growers (6-17 lbs) i know will concur that the most important factors (other than feeding and general plant health) are:

1) pot size: optimal depth is 18 inches. 200 gallons is a starting point. the biggest plants I have seen yet (12lbs on the smallest) were in 600 gallon holes.
2) strain: Haze crosses equal big fucking trees in my experience.
3) soil mix: I used roots organics and roots 707 this year, next year I am going for something a little more nuanced.
4) training: the haze crosses are easy to train... you can grow 14 foot tall xmas trees, but what you want it lots and lots of 6 foot branmches each with their own 20" cola at the top. I got 2 lbs out of a Grape ape in a 200 gallon, but my buddy got 7... he pruned all the "cousin it" leaves during veg (something "the bible" tells you never to do...) and his Ape stretches like mad. Each plant has its own training technique that willturn it into a ten pound monster... when this is being told to you while standing in the shadow of his ten pound monsters... seems like the man might have something there.
5) Support. This falls more in the category of; so you have some marijuana trees. wtf are you gonna do with them? Your trellising system should be thought out beforehand... you don't want to be playing catch up with your plants as they get humongous. That's what I have been doing all season.

This year's biggest plant is next year's smallest... putting huge pots on palletes so that they can be moved to maximize sun exposure when needed, moved in and out of a greenhouse, etc is something that's been discussed.... I am already vegging my winter greenhouse crop. I am hoping for 2-4 lbs per plant in late April or early May...

Styles P

my uncle used to veg the plant for a few months indoors. then he would pull all the leaves off except for a few top nodes. then he would peel the whole stem with a veg peeler and cover it in root hormone and burry the whole stem up to the nodes. i have seen a few plants he had done this to and they were about 13 feet tall.

nomaad

Veteran
nice. how much did they yield? I have seen hugely tall plants that didn't yield for shit.

It won't make yours any bigger ...

It won't make yours any bigger ...

Huge plants take a lot of time and effort, with both higher costs and greater risks.

Often, these "stunt grows" yield sub-par reefer.

Don't confuse a big plant with a big dick.

nomaad

Veteran
Huge plants take a lot of time and effort, with both higher costs and greater risks.

Often, these "stunt grows" yield sub-par reefer.

and sometimes they kill it. don't be scared. go big.

in cali we have plant limits... so what's a grower to do? grow the same hundred pounds on 12 plants that some oldtimer might grow on 150...

whodair

Veteran
nice. how much did they yield? I have seen hugely tall plants that didn't yield for shit.

outdoors in the NE the bagseed always seems to grow 9ft tall with no yield. and my afghannys stay short and thick with dense buds that actually weigh.

nomaad

Veteran
usually about 2.5 lbs it was always bag seed tho.

nice. i pull 2.5 lbs from a nice 5' wide by 4' tall plant with many of the strains I have been running. granted, most of them have been tried and true 707 strains, though... ya never know with bagseed.

D

DHF

Nomaad you`re so right about big ass plants that don`t produce.........I`m one of your old timers you talk about but back in the late 70`s all we had access to was mexican bagseed and Hell.........We didn`t have a clue what a cut/clone was .......

I grew some Sativa-zilla`s that were at least 15-18 ft tall and maybe pulled a lb off each one for lotta yrs........But some serious shit it was and grew till at least december when planted Good Friday weekend......

We hadta plant seedlings continuously from end of march till week after 4th of july just to insure any type harvey with 80% mortality rates back then......The late plantings made it to January and always colored up......

A Lot`s changed over the yrs with prop 215 and ya`ll bein able ta do your thang .....Major Respect to all you guys in the promised land.......

Nomaad`s a prime example of what you can do given the drive and ambition to succeed while the timing`s right..........

We learned about cloning and the plants stayed shorter and yield was the same and a lil better but I truly envy the expertise and knowledge shared from NorCal for all these yrs keeping the genetics close to home that work in the 707......

I isolated a pheno way back that I took inside with me in `95 when the military took over chopper surveillance with infra-red and phosfluorescent detection methods .....

It did ALL it could for 2-2.5 lbs in krusty buckets for almost a decade with 4 plants in 10 x 10 rooms and only 3400 watts with couple-3 weeks veg and 9 week bloom but that`s indoors ........

My plants were half indica and half sativa from developed bagseed and 6 ft tall and 5 ft wide almost using vertical bare bulbs hanging down amongst the plants.......

How lucky are ya`ll to be using God`s halide in the sky and LEGAL ta do it..............100 lbs outta 12 plants is my kinda shit.......

Again.........Major respect for you monster growers..........

Peace.............DHF............:joint:.........

nomaad

Veteran
thanks, bro... i really have nothing but respect for the oldskoolers. hope i didn't come off as an asshole. i do poke fun at the guys who don't listen to new ideas...

i am still learning... i am looking at a lower yield than I had hoped for, but still a very respectable showing for a first timer... can't wait till next year.

when I was thinking that I was going to do an indoor I was looking at the Krusty buckets. Seems like the best way to have 215 compliant trees inside. vertical tree grow with krusty buckets.

D

DHF

Makes not a damn bit of sense ta spend ALL the cash it takes ta do Krusty`s properly with environment dialed when your backyard can do those hoophouse`s and rock da Casbah..........Not even need Light dep during wintertime huh ?.............Dunno.......

Seems logical though.....Greenhouses............Fuck a buncha hydro in heaven........Let God grow yer bitches........

If you wanna do a proper indoors with Krusty`s just Holler........Very few done em longer than me and lived ta tell about it........lol.......

Peace.....Freds....:joint:.......

Latest posts

Latest posts