What's new

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

moose eater

Because corporatism is THE primary sponsor, even if indirectly through the 2 primary national political orgs of our Congress and Presidency. And has been for MANY YEARS.

If your Congress critters receive 2 calls simultaneously, one from a major corporate mover and shaker in another state that might offer big donations, and the other one is you, a lowly constituent, which call do you think they're taking directly?

I know the answer first-hand. Been there and done that. Even in person, in their offices in DC.

Cannavore

Veteran

‘A dying empire led by bad people’: Poll finds young voters despairing over US politics​

Young voters overwhelmingly believe that almost all politicians are corrupt and that the country will end up worse off than when they were born, according to new polling from Democratic firm Blueprint obtained exclusively by Semafor.

The sour mood points to potential trouble for Joe Biden, who is struggling with Gen Z and younger Millennials in polls compared with 2020, and needs to convince them he can be relied on to improve their lives.

As part of the online poll of 943 18-30-year-old registered voters, Blueprint asked participants to respond to a series of questions about the American political system: 49% agreed to some extent that elections in the country don’t represent people like them; 51% agreed to some extent that the political system in the US “doesn’t work for people like me;” and 64% backed the statement that “America is in decline.” A whopping 65% agreed either strongly or somewhat that “nearly all politicians are corrupt, and make money from their political power” — only 7% disagreed.

“I think these statements blow me away, the scale of these numbers with young voters,” Evan Roth Smith, Blueprint’s lead pollster, told Semafor. “Young voters do not look at our politics and see any good guys. They see a dying empire led by bad people.”

While 45% of those polled said their own lives would be either a lot or a little bit better than their parents’, the same wasn’t true for how they felt America as a whole is doing: 54% — a number that included a solid mix of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents — believed the country is going downhill.

The data also found the COVID-19 pandemic has left a lasting, bad taste in the mouths of young voters: 51% of those polled said they were happier before the COVID-19 pandemic, 77% said that the event changed the country for the worse, and 45% said they feel less connected to friends and acquaintances compared with five years ago.

“Step one is more fully admitting that people are hurting, concerning young voters and all voters, particularly around the economy [and] inflation,” Smith said. “And that we’re doing something about it. That it’s not all roses, and communicating that really, really strongly: That we don’t think everything is great.”

Cannavore

Veteran
wish i could just show the video of bernie speaking, but you'll probably have to fast forward to it... 1:09:00... and if you wanna watch his wife introduce him go back a little further lol. he still sounds great, especially compared to biden.

moose eater

We've been losing pollinators up here for years, at least in part due to people having commercial pest control places spray their lawns and properties for mosquitoes. Many of them are well aware that it kills other more beneficial bugs, but they do it anyway apparently.

Lose pollinators, lose some of the crops we rely on.

buzzmobile

Veteran

moose eater

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts