What's new

The Windowsill Grow Thread (Incredible Weed For FREE!) Take Challenge!

Eltitoguay

picture (10).jpeg
picture (12).jpeg
picture (13).jpeg
picture (14).jpeg
picture (15).jpeg
picture (16).jpeg
picture (17).jpeg
picture (18).jpeg
picture (19).jpeg
picture (21).jpeg

Eltitoguay

I seem to remember that in the Zamaldélica thread of A.C.E., there was also someone who had grown this variety in a garret without artificial light in Vienna...

I have to comment, however, that the best would be a crop in which flowering can coincide with the time of longest daylight hours, so that the difference in production and power with an outdoor or indoor crop with artificial light , be the minimum possible.

goingrey

I have to comment, however, that the best would be a crop in which flowering can coincide with the time of longest daylight hours, so that the difference in production and power with an outdoor or indoor crop with artificial light , be the minimum possible.
Yes, this is what I'm hoping with the Gorilla Zkittlez Auto. Planted 4/20, hopefully stacking on weight around the summer solstice.

goingrey

I think that maybe, in my climate and latitude at least (approximately 39°N), if the flowering of an auto were 6 weeks, it would be even a little better if the cutting date was between mid and late July.
Yes, for some autos April 20th may be a little bit too early to plant for optimal timing.

For this one the breeder says 8 weeks flowering time, and flowering started yesterday, so it should be right on track for a mid-July harvest. But you never know with these things...

And in all honesty, I didn't even bother reading what the breeder says about it before planting. Just planted some freebie seed on 4/20, because, hey, 420!

goingrey

Eltitoguay

The light is good right now for Northern hemisphere South facing windows. Not reaching for the stars but building a sturdy stalk.
View attachment 18995072
Gorilla Zkittlez Auto (Fast Buds)
By having windows to the South you have an important advantage over the cultivation that my friend did, since in my area the main facades and the main windows are usually prevented from facing South (in summer here, a room facing the South is an oven); Every day we had to move the plant of the windows in the living room facing East, to the small interior patio of the kitchen at noon, to those in the bedroom facing West. If our schedules had allowed it, we could have tried to put it in the dark starting in late spring, to imitate autumn ("light deprivation"; I think(?) it is the method that @window would use in the U.K. with the O.Haze)...

Last edited:

goingrey

By having windows to the South you have an important advantage over the cultivation that my friend did, since in my area the main facades and the main windows are usually prevented from facing South (in summer here, a room facing the South is an oven); Every day we had to move the plant of the windows in the living room facing East, to those in the bedroom facing West. If our schedules had allowed it, we could have tried to put it in the dark starting in late spring, to imitate autumn ("light deprivation"; I think(?) it is the method that @window would use in the U.K. with the O.Haze)...
South-facing is the best when available no doubt. Actually I have never tried any other as had a south-facing window in my previous home as well.

I don't like the light dep because it's like a curfew, have to be home every night at a certain time. :D But it works for some. And actually am currently similarly tied down by the other plant being in a liter pot and needing watering all the time.

window

Veteran
Hi goingray, sorry for the late reply.
I think it was around November maybe even into December.
I have a head like a sieve, my memory is terrible.
I looked at the date on the original picture I took and it says January. So I’ve tried to work my way back. I know I hung it to dry for weeks as I didn’t want to rush the drying as most of the narrow leaf stuff I’ve attempted has smoked quite hot and harsh, so I didn’t want to rush it.
So I think I must have started it around the beginning of September.
It was from a rooted clone, I started it under a small T5 light before moving to the window and would put it in a cupboard when I got home in the evening’s, it was a pain in the ass.
I was aiming for about ten hours of light a day but obviously towards the end it was getting even less.

Smokes lovely, so smooth, tastes like soapy, incense.

I’ve grown a few windowsill plants over the years, one, a Hashplant from Seedsman when they offered it, yielded almost an ounce, stunk the whole house out though😀
I also grew an Indian Haze once, light dropped mid summer and it filled the whole window.

When I joined ICmag, my handle was supposed to be window grower but apparently the name was already taken. I was heavily stoned and couldn’t be arsed to try anything else, so just dropped the grower part, lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts