What's new

Does anyone know what natural law means?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Natural law is an ethical theory that claims that humans are born with a certain moral compass that guides behaviors. These inherited rules essentially distinguish the "rights" and "wrongs" in life. Under natural law, everyone is afforded the same rights, such as the right to live and the right to happiness. Google

Ghozt

Tell me, how does the inherent right among all species to act in self-defense, fit within that rather simplistic definition?
If someone harms you then that is a transgression against natural law and you have the right to defend yourself. Did you honestly need someone to explain that to you? It's referred to as common sense, the problem is, it's extremely uncommon.

Last edited:

moose eater

If someone harms you then that is a transgression against natural and you have the right to defend yourself. Did you honestly need someone to explain that to you? It's referred to as common sense, the problem is, it's extremely uncommon.
It was your definition I was asking for clarification of, not mine. According to the way you defined it, self-defense was not clearly taken into account.

Ghozt

It was your definition I was asking for clarification of, not mine. According to the way you defined it, self-defense was not clearly taken into account.
It's not my definition it's an objective truth that can be understood by individuals with the mental capacity to do so, I don't believe you are one of them. It's like the old saying
"Don't cast pearls before swine"

moose eater

It's not my definition it's an objective truth that can be understood by individuals with the mental capacity to do so, I don't believe you are one of them. It's like the old saying
"Don't cast pearls before swine"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Were you born this ignorant, presumptuous and insulting, or did you have to work at it?

buzzmobile

Veteran
What are you into 12 year olds?
I certainly am.
2FF96051-D469-4CF6-AFE9-E9686B9021C0_1_201_a_2048x.jpg