What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

CharlesU Farley

Absence of common sense often equals a signed invitation for entry into the Darwin Awards..
I'm reminded of a comedy skit by DL Hughley. He was joking about some of the basic differences between black people and white people. In essence, he basically said black people are generally scared to death of wild animals whereas white people would see a bear and say "Come here Mr. Bear, I won't hurt you!" 😂

moose eater

I'm reminded of a comedy skit by DL Hughley. He was joking about some of the basic differences between black people and white people. In essence, he basically said black people are generally scared to death of wild animals whereas white people would see a bear and say "Come here Mr. Bear, I won't hurt you!" 😂
I've often thought that the more comfortable we become, the stupider we get. Survival as a paramount, front-and-center issue, creates its own edge in perception of the world.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I've often thought that the more comfortable we become, the stupider we get. Survival as a paramount, front-and-center issue, creates its own edge in perception of the world.
i would have said "softer" instead of "stupid"...but your definition works for me. :good: "perception of the world" :bow:

CharlesU Farley

1000012961.jpg

moose eater

I just saw an image of a well-known WWII paratrooper, 'Wild Bill', with a 'during the war' and a 'today or yesterday' side-by-side comparison in photos, with weathered face, both images in uniform.

It reminded me of when over 1,000 of us marched on Richard Butler's Aryan Nations Church of Jesus Christ outside of Hayden Lake, Idaho, on Hitler's birthday in 1989.

We had people from 5 states and 2 or 3 native reservations among us.

We had LOTS of local, state and federal surveillance on us, both plain clothes and uniform, with them grabbing people out of our march to shake them down for weapons, etc., and photographing us, as well as some limited mouthing off from the banjo-picking rednecks in support of the racists by virtue of saying things like "They all look like they're on drugs" or "How do you tell the men from the women?", etc. Basic non-creative non-intellectual redneck stuff.

There was a little old frail man in a wheelchair in full parade dress uniform who sat in his chair at the edge of our procession, possibly WWI, possibly WWII. I'd wager WWI, due to the year of the march and his age.

He looked tiny even in that chair.

He sat at -rigid- attention for the duration of our march procession passing him.

I still can see him in my mind's eye. The connection and the continuity of what he and we both stood for... and against... and he knew it. He knew it well enough to sit there like that, as though he owed -US- some sort of respect, when, in fact, I think it was quite the opposite.

I had a couple instances of words with the 'Archie Bunker brigade' that day, asking them pointed questions like, "I'm in grad school doing clinical work. So, help me out; what do people on drugs look like?" And I took some pics of the UCs taking our pics. A tit-for-tat thing.

But as we passed him, shortly after my first exchange with the redneck idiots in the peanut gallery, I could see the connection and the years, and I cried a bit. Quietly, of course. But I indeed shed a tear or three. I didn't let him see it, though.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

I just saw an image of a well-known WWII paratrooper, 'Wild Bill', with a 'during the war' and a 'today or yesterday' side-by-side comparison in photos, with weathered face, both images in uniform.

It reminded me of when over 1,000 of us marched on Richard Butler's Aryan Nations Church of Jesus Christ outside of Hayden Lake, Idaho, on Hitler's birthday in 1989.

We had people from 5 states and 2 or 3 native reservations among us.

We had LOTS of local, state and federal surveillance on us, both plain clothes and uniform, with them grabbing people out of our march to shake them down for weapons, etc., and photographing us, as well as some limited mouthing off from the banjo-picking rednecks in support of the racists by virtue of saying things like "They all look like they're on drugs" or "How do you tell the men from the women?", etc. Basic non-creative non-intellectual redneck stuff.

There was a little old frail man in a wheelchair in full parade dress uniform who sat in his chair at the edge of our procession, possibly WWI, possibly WWII. I'd wager WWI, due to the year of the march and his age.

He looked tiny even in that chair.

He sat at -rigid- attention for the duration of our march procession passing him.

I still can see him in my mind's eye. The connection and the continuity of what he and we both stood for... and against... and he knew it. He knew it well enough to sit there like that, as though he owed -US- some sort of respect, when, in fact, I think it was quite the opposite.

I had a couple instances of words with the 'Archie Bunker brigade' that day, asking them pointed questions like, "I'm in grad school doing clinical work. So, help me out; what do people on drugs look like?" And I took some pics of the UCs taking our pics. A tit-for-tat thing.

But as we passed him, shortly after my first exchange with the redneck idiots in the peanut gallery, I could see the connection and the years, and I cried a bit. Quietly, of course. But I indeed shed a tear or three. I didn't let him see it, though.
(y) :love:

Ca++

They are trying to bring salmon back up my way, after navigation measures and pollution sent them away. I think they have to release them here as young, or they just won't bother coming all this way. They need to know they have somewhere to go.
To this end, they have built a fish route, around some obsticles in parallel. One, is sluice gates. Which wouldn't stop them. Next to this, a huge lock. An actual fish elevator for them. If they don't fancy the sluice, or getting the lift, there is a canoe slalom course. Just incase they want to keep it salmon like. Or now, the 4th choice. A series of pools costing millions, for the one's who insist on extreme jumping, to places they can't see.

Not a fish in sight, of course. I don't think they got the memo.