What's new

Sativa organic grow with ace seeds (Panama, Malawi, Killer A5 Haze)

Which is your favorite sativa strain lineage ?

• Thaï lineage

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • African lineage

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Central American lineage

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

FeelHaze

Malawi buds close-ups !

Aroma is really oily and woodsy, with lemon/sour/fermented notes. It reminds me of an old Power Plant cut that was circulating on the black market in Montreal around 2010, but with added sour tones. A bit of nostalgia.

1000006901.jpg
1000006900.jpg
1000006896.jpg

Last edited:

goingrey

Shua1991

I've had much more experience with the Golden Tiger than any of aces hybrids, the older version had a meao thai that was provided initially by cannabiogen, I'm not sure who selected the phenotype but it was/is the best smoke I ever had in my life and the same thai used in "Destroyer". It's available in the zamaldelica in recessive phenotypes because they used this classic GT version to breed with the zamal making zamaldelica, dubi has said you should look for red stems and stalky(beanpole?) growth than the malawi and zamal(mango carrot) but the smell mango carrot should not be the sole determination that it is a zamal/malawi phenotype. Sometimes subtle terpenes/thiols are overpowered by others in relatively lower concentrations, it doesn't mean the chemotype(meao thai chemotype) isn't available, also look for spiral spear/foxtail flowers rather than the malawi cones/chunky buds.

1. Zamaldelica (maybe get lucky?)
2. Golden Tiger (consistently great, psychedelic)
3. Panama Haze (potentially the longest flower time, but best payoff?)

PadawanWarrior

You are right. Seems like a PK deficiency. Probably because I stopped feeding too soon, thinking plants would be done at the end of this week. Thing is they started reflowering, throwing those little foxtails, and they probably will need at least one more week to mature them.
Not K deficiency. Just P. K shows up on leaf edges and tips. The yellowing from the bottom up like that with the purpling is classic P deficiency. They look really great though still.

FeelHaze

Not K deficiency. Just P. K shows up on leaf edges and tips. The yellowing from the bottom up like that with the purpling is classic P deficiency. They look really great though still.

You're probably right friend but we are already on the flush and I want to avoid excessive reflowering. I'll use better soil and feed longer on my next grow.

Thanks for the advices 😁

FeelHaze

I've had much more experience with the Golden Tiger than any of aces hybrids, the older version had a meao thai that was provided initially by cannabiogen, I'm not sure who selected the phenotype but it was/is the best smoke I ever had in my life and the same thai used in "Destroyer". It's available in the zamaldelica in recessive phenotypes because they used this classic GT version to breed with the zamal making zamaldelica, dubi has said you should look for red stems and stalky(beanpole?) growth than the malawi and zamal(mango carrot) but the smell mango carrot should not be the sole determination that it is a zamal/malawi phenotype. Sometimes subtle terpenes/thiols are overpowered by others in relatively lower concentrations, it doesn't mean the chemotype(meao thai chemotype) isn't available, also look for spiral spear/foxtail flowers rather than the malawi cones/chunky buds.

1. Zamaldelica (maybe get lucky?)
2. Golden Tiger (consistently great, psychedelic)
3. Panama Haze (potentially the longest flower time, but best payoff?)

I read a lot of good things on that Meao Thai. It does have a lengendary status on these forums. I'm tempted to an all Golden Tiger grow on my next run (2-3 plants lol).

Shua1991

I read a lot of good things on that Meao Thai. It does have a lengendary status on these forums. I'm tempted to an all Golden Tiger grow on my next run (2-3 plants lol).
It's not used in current Golden Tiger anymore, the old gt is used in zamaldelica though, recessive phenotypes. Best of luck regardless.

FeelHaze

Here is my drying room setup. I keep the temperature at 65°F and the RH at 55%. I use a fan for air circulation but heading to the wall to avoid drying the buds to fast, what could result in a loss of terpenes and canabinoids. Buds are hang dried in the dark for about 10-14 days and trimmed after that.

1000007278.jpg

1000007317.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts