What's new

exodus cheese clone still active

SoufLondon

Does anyone still have the Nelly cross? That was a NL5 cross and was stinky as fuck, I only ran it once because it overwhelmed my carbon filter. I can't remember if the high was any good, just that it stunk about the same as the exodus cheese.
Greetings guys!

First post and I’m excited to say I do indeed have an original Exodus “Luton” cheese cut.

UK based grower, chemist.
Been in the community for 20 years +

Pleasantly was gifted a whole mother plant that was taken out of an operation up in Cambridge (the gent had to shut down shop)
In return of keeping the gentics alive and giving back 10 cuttings alive and rooted.

I was given this beauty in a plastic bag ripped out from her root and folded up.

I managed to take over 30 cuts of the sacrificial mother to my horror I noticed the plants had mites; red spider mites specifically, I treated her clones with an American Strong pesticide called HOTSHOT (contains Dichlorvos nasty dude) I left a GREEN strip inside the propagation dome for an evening and a day; this was extremely strong and killed 17 of the thirty babies before they even rooted, it was a sad day at the office a long uphill struggle now commenced bringing these babies up to size and shape the pesticide was very strong.

**IT DID KILL ANY LIVING THING IN THOSE PLANTS*** word of advice best not to use in such a confined environment as a propagation dome.

I then had 13 Exodus Cheese babies hanging in for dear life but 10 rooted.

I grew them under a very small CFL light on an 16/8 light schedule as to slow the growth and for them not to grow so tall.

Once to size I put in a 6inch rock wool and gave back the person whom gave them to me ‘8’ and kept 2 for myself he was happy with the exchange and was pleased I could give him back the genetic.

From these two I had two absolute beautiful Exodus (Luton) Cheese clones in two Growdan Hugo Blocks 6’

Since I have taken 2 cuts of each and have yet to flower. Stay tuned 🎥
Hello David,

Please plant a well rooted clone outdoors this year. It does not have to be grown until flower. Running a clone outside until just before flowering will remove MOST if not all pests. So long as you dont infect it with something new 😂 I find this also renews lost vigour. JUST before flower (just as you start to see the pre-flowers puff up a bit) take as many fresh clones as possible, you will find this generation of clones not only produce better plants for cropping but also still make for much better mothers. It is a trick I have used many times to rejuvenate old and sickly clones that others have given up with.

stiff

Veteran
That sounds good to me. Easier than bringing pests inside the house from being outdoors. It goes so quick... I left mine out for a day and got lice straight away. Never again 😂

SoufLondon

That sounds good to me. Easier than bringing pests inside the house from being outdoors. It goes so quick... I left mine out for a day and got lice straight away. Never again 😂
Oh no! It helps to have a space without much other foliage around, ideally you want the plants outside for long enough for natural predators (spiders, ladybirds etc etc) to get a chance to clean up the plants for you. I think the physical act of rain helps too (so long as not in flower) and certainly the plants immune system is boosted by being outside. For me putting a sickly clone outside for the summer to heal will ending up with me taking fresh healthy clones at the end of summer before flowering sets in, these i then would root in a propagation tray under 24h light in order to revert back to veg. Then you simply grow them out a little bit and either make new mums which will (hopefully) last for ages and be much more vigorous or you can flower them- either way it's worth trying this technique on an old clone that has pest problems or is particularly weak/sickly. This is the only method I have ever encountered that removed the bastard mites known as 'the borg' - a spring and summer in an english garden saved both my favourite haze cuttings after my mum room got infected by a GSC cutting from the states from someone whom was very apologetic and shall remain nameless. (Not even a fan of GSC!)